Brake caliper issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Master Yoda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had the BFG's mounted on the Methods a few weeks back, the tech's noticed my passenger front wheel was pretty much locked up because the caliper was not completely releasing. The disc showed some marking where the pad had set after parking the truck. There was a squeak at low speed, and a slight "tug" to the right, almost as if the truck were not aligned properly. Had the alignment checked, all OK there. I had both front calipers replaced at the time of the wheel swap and the "tug" is almost gone, but still there somewhat. I jacked up the truck and the wheel will rotate by hand, but there still seems to be more resistance on the RF as opposed to the LF. Is there something that I or the tech's are overlooking here? Under hard braking, the truck does want to go to the right much more than stay straight, as if more pressure is being applied to the right than the left. Thanks in advance for your input.

Master Yoda

KNUCKLEBUSTER

Reaction score
Brake

Try opening the bleeder to see if this releases the pressure if it does you have a bad hose, make sure your slide pins are free and lubed.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The suggestion is sound, the fault assumption is not.
If there is residual pressure in the brake line it would be due to actuators are valves upstream.
If there is no residual pressure you most likely have abnormal drag on the piston; this could be debris between the piston and the cylinder or, if new, a tight assembly.
On older vehicles I have seen corrosion buildup on the inside.