Boot came off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The boot over the CV joint? slipped off the clamp. Front left wheel. Doesn't looked ripped or anything. But I did have mid perch done a few months back.

Is this a big deal?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the boot back snug to keep out foreign matter....use a zip tie if needed....

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took it to the dealer since it's still under warranty. Let's see what they say.

D

Deleted member 12951

Took it to the dealer since it's still under warranty. Let's see what they say.

Will be interesting to see if they are going to say something about the mid perch. Did the place that did it do it with the shock in place or did they remove it to adjust?

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if they are going to say something about the mid perch. Did the place that did it do it with the shock in place or did they remove it to adjust?

Good question. I do not know. If I had to guess, I'd say they did it with the shock in place. It will be obvious mid perch was done, so if I have to pay for the repair, so be it. It's the price of admission to the cool kids club... :crazy:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that they would deny a warranty claim based off you having the truck at mid perch. My dealership knows that I did my own mid perch as well as other maintenance items, they're just happy to see me come in for an oil change.

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I asked them to do a full synth oil change while it's there. I mean, I might as well sponsor them. They do good work. I'm happy with them. I'd buy a car from that dealership.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I asked them to do a full synth oil change while it's there. I mean, I might as well sponsor them. They do good work. I'm happy with them. I'd buy a car from that dealership.

How did things go at the dealership, ZBoater? Let me know if I can be of any help.

Crystal

OP
OP
ZBoater

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did things go at the dealership, ZBoater? Let me know if I can be of any help.

Crystal

It went great Crystal, thanks for asking. It turns out it was something more than just the boot coming off. Something to do with the axel something or other. Didn't pay much attention after I heard "it will be ready tomorrow". I'm glad I brought it in, with these things you never know. And best of all its all covered under warranty, so that's great.

One more day driving the yellow bug... :)

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It went great Crystal, thanks for asking. It turns out it was something more than just the boot coming off. Something to do with the axel something or other. Didn't pay much attention after I heard "it will be ready tomorrow". I'm glad I brought it in, with these things you never know. And best of all its all covered under warranty, so that's great...

Awesome, ZBoater; that's what I like to hear! Let me know when you bring it home. :)

Crystal