GEN 1 Bolt loose in engine bay

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

While just inspecting things with a flashlight, notice a bolt sitting on a hose. Thinking it was some old bolt lodged there from possibly dropping from the top and never found I quickly realized this was not the case.

Anyone know what this actually goes to?

It appears to be a long small diameter bolt that is going into a hole (can't see it) and you can push it in a ways before it feels like it might grab something.

I was trying it from the front and was difficult to get to and push and turn. We will remove skids plates and see if we can get a better angle at it.

Thoughts?
You can see it resting on the hose below the pulley, driver side.

8c7e4ffe9a1097ae1e75579a3a585594.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford left a whole big piece of metal on my engine. As you can imagine the first good bump shot it off and it got stuck behind one of my pulleys. I had to replace the pulley it had been eaten up. Check around and look for where it might have come from but if you aren't hearing or seeing anything wrong it might be an old piece.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

If you've ever had work done then it might be a leftover piece from that.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Ford left a whole big piece of metal on my engine. As you can imagine the first good bump shot it off and it got stuck behind one of my pulleys. I had to replace the pulley it had been eaten up. Check around and look for where it might have come from but if you aren't hearing or seeing anything wrong it might be an old piece.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

If you've ever had work done then it might be a leftover piece from that.

It feels like its supposed to screw in, just wondering to what to hold