Bluetooth music not working after iOS7 installed on iPhone 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to get it working again or do I have to wait until the software bugs are fixed?

I am picking someone up from the airport tonight and I want to hear my music while I wait for her to arrive.

daritz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed this as well...I found that the USB works perfect and bluetooth music doesn't work when the USB is plugged in. Guess it's one or the other not both.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2013, pretty sure it does have a USB input. Have you guys used that to play music from an iPhone? If so, I can just do that for tonight.

I did find this while googling the issue (not for a Ford, but general concept seems to make sense):

Solved the problem with my Prius. This is what I did:

1. In your phone, Go to the settings, Bluetooth and click on the (i) of your car's Bluetooth. In my case it was CAR MULTIMEDIA. Then click on Forget this Device.
2. Turn off Bluetooth in your phone so that it doesn't try to connect to the car's BT again
3. Go to your car, turn it on and delete your phone from the BT settings of your car and reset all BT settings to Default
4. In my Prius you have to delete the phone twice, because there's two BT connections, one for audio (multimedia/music) streaming and another one for phone Bluetooth (to talk on the phone). Make sure you delete both of them. It takes just a minute to do it, one is in the phone settings and the other in the audio settings.
5. Turn off your car and wait for a minute or so (this might not be necessary but I did anyway)
6. Turn your car on again.
7. Turn BT back on in your phone
8. Register your phone with your car's BT. The phone will ask you for the code (the default is 0000 or 1212).
9. That's it, once they're paired again, everything went back to normal.

Steering wheel controls are working again through Bluetooth, sound is great, and phone calling works again with no choppiness.

Hope this helps.

[iPhone] Is Bluetooth working with iOS 7? - MacRumors Forums

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 13 here and I use the USB exclusively. No issues with mft freezing etc. the cord fits between the center console lid when it's closed and my phone sits in cup holder. Bonus it charges while I'm driving

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I will definitely just plug it into the USB input for tonight. I will try to spend some time messing around with the bluetooth set up this weekend.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had some issues with my phone connecting. Disconnected the phone from SYNC. And deleted the phone from MFT and paired both as new. No problems.