Blown Motor???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnywadd

Reaction score
Last nigh 6.2L decided to idle funny and almost stalled out. Pulled into a parking lot and stalled. Low Oil pressure light came on. Tried turning it over and gave it some gas as it struggled. Then heard noticeably loud ticking noise as I was giving it gas, then it stalled out again. Tried starting it again and it wouldn’t event crank. Fuse 27 checked out, but replaced it anyway. Still nothing! Mechanic said the motor is blown, but couldn’t tell me why?

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last nigh 6.2L decided to idle funny and almost stalled out. Pulled into a parking lot and stalled. Low Oil pressure light came on. Tried turning it over and gave it some gas as it struggled. Then heard noticeably loud ticking noise as I was giving it gas, then it stalled out again. Tried starting it again and it wouldn’t event crank. Fuse 27 checked out, but replaced it anyway. Still nothing! Mechanic said the motor is blown, but couldn’t tell me why?

>>> Low Oil pressure light came on. Tried turning it over and gave it some gas as it struggled. <<<

With all that you've done, you fail to mention or check the oil level .
One would think that with the LOW OIL Pressure light comes on, the first thing you would've done is pop the hood.
Instead! you tried turning the Engine over. Not once! but twice.
POOR Engine.
Sounds like you just killed that engine.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2013 lost the motor on the highway out f no where. Truck just shut off and never turned on again. Dealer got it and said bearings failed on cylinder 3 and 4. Replaced with new shortblock. Asked dealer if the oil pumps gears failed and they said no. Not sure what the cause or why and they seemed to treat it as a one off fluke. Was down about 3 weeks and truck only has 43k miles on it. Guess it's a new truck now. Had them do new plugs while motor was out cause it's a lot cheaper now vs after the motor is in.

OP
OP
J

Johnnywadd

Reaction score
>>> Low Oil pressure light came on. Tried turning it over and gave it some gas as it struggled. <<<

With all that you've done, you fail to mention or check the oil level .
One would think that with the LOW OIL Pressure light comes on, the first thing you would've done is pop the hood.
Instead! you tried turning the Engine over. Not once! but twice.
POOR Engine.
Sounds like you just killed that engine.

After I saw the light I did check the oil level and it was fine.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Year? Mileage? Smoke? Metal in oil? Any noise? What cha got?

It’s a 2012 with only 52k. There was no smoke but a loud ticking noise. Having the truck towed from the shop today. Going to check the oil for metal weekend.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

It’s a 2012 with only 52k. There was no smoke but a loud ticking noise. Having the truck towed from the shop today. Going to check the oil for metal weekend.

Im pretty sure the low oil light comes on every time these engines stall out.
WTF did your mechanic check?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Waaaaaait, you do understand that the oil gauge is PRESSURE, not quantity (like gas) right?

If you lose oil pressure, the oil is still there, it just isn't circulating and your motor is going to tear itself apart very quickly.

But the amount of oil probably won't change.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol man i swear i need to nab up a short block and build.
mine keeps climbing around 140k now.