Blown Fox shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
shock not returning to extended position can also just be gas has gone. If it has oil resistance on compression and rebound that would be give away. If you had to "Hulk" it in and out. When I revalved shocks it would not extend until nitrogen gassed, especially with resevoirs, emulsions are slower. Now oil all over or shaking the shock and it sounds like some BB's were in there, that would be blown.

my $.02

OP
OP
Conejoracer

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shock not returning to extended position can also just be gas has gone. If it has oil resistance on compression and rebound that would be give away. If you had to "Hulk" it in and out. When I revalved shocks it would not extend until nitrogen gassed, especially with resevoirs, emulsions are slower. Now oil all over or shaking the shock and it sounds like some BB's were in there, that would be blown.

my $.02

Mine appears to have little or no oil left. It compresses and extends fairly easily as well.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why the passenger side rear fails first, seems odd.

Everything happens for a reason. If this truly is a trend, it could be that the right side of the vehicle has more shock motions from the edge of the road being torn up, or even something in design with the way power is applied from the vehicle to the ground, or ???