GEN 1 Blinks really fast... sometimes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you are all going to direct me to the third brake light but I thought I'd still put it out there to see if anyone else had this same or similar problem and found the actual cause.

Sometimes when I hit the left blinker, either the lane change or full turn, it'll blink really fast like my Jag does if a bulb is out. Sometimes it'll blink fast then go back to normal. Most of the times it blinks normally. I had my wife hit the blinkers a few times in the drive way and sure as shit, when it did blink fast the bottom left turn signal did not light. When it blinked normally, all lights worked as normal.

With the plethora of experience and knowledge on here... what say you?

Thanks for your time.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Filament is hit or miss. Replace the lamps. Don't over tighten the light mount screws or you'll crack the housing and let moisture in. PO did that on my truck. Idiots. At least they are only $120 for the pair.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that it can be disabled by the dealer. It's due to a low led/lamp voltage condition somewhere, search the FRF for hyperflash.

I had it last week now it's gone, unrelated to the 3rd brake light.

Completely rando

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The main front to rear harness on the driver side got pummeled by rocks on mine. Broke and shorted my right turn light wire to another damaged wire.

OP
OP
SchultzLD

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents, I'll check out your ideas out and let you know what I find.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score