Blend door actuator defect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfan12

Reaction score
Anyone out there hearing a ticking noise when turning on the fan or A/C? I'm wondering if this is a global issue since I'm on my 3rd time needing repair. It's called the blend door actuator in the climate control system.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it's definitely a big problem. My service guy knew exactly what the problem was. This was the second blend door to be replaced on mine.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I think the bigger issue, is that it takes a minimum of 4 hours labor to replace a $30 part. Not to mention a rental fee if it is warranty work.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has started ticking. It's already been replaced once on warranty. Now she's off and its my problem. I'm waiting till it Dosent work at all before I tear into it

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone out there hearing a ticking noise when turning on the fan or A/C? I'm wondering if this is a global issue since I'm on my 3rd time needing repair. It's called the blend door actuator in the climate control system.

Welcome to the forum, fordfan12! Are you having this repair performed by your local Ford Dealership? How many miles are on your truck? I'll get to work on some ways to assist.

Crystal

OP
OP
F

fordfan12

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I feel that Ford should cover this defect regardless of expired warranty especially if the problem, as in my case, started prior to warranty end.

jakehobbs

Reaction score

To my knowledge there are three in your truck(if you have dual climate control), one for the main system, and then one for each side. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mine went out on the passenger side and here is how I fixed it. Literally took less than an hour and cost $20. Not sure if its your same issue or not, hopefully this helps.

"When I starting doing research it seemed like everyone was having their issue on the drivers side and I couldn't find anything referencing what I had going on. I rembered that I had seen a few youtube videos from user "FordTechMakuloco" a few months ago that had helped me out. I messaged him on FB with my issue and he hit me back within a few hours with the part number and of COURSE he had a video with detailed instructions on how to complete the fix. This guy is a life saver. Here is the part I bought and video is below. What Ford would of probably charged $300+, I was able to do for $20 on the actuator at Napa and 45 minutes of my own time. SCORE! The guy was super helpful and its rad to see him going out of his way to help people out asking for nothing in return.

Napa Part Here
this is for the Passenger Side, Upper Blend Door Motor. Its located behind the radio in the dash.

For some reason I can't get the damn YouTube video to embed. Here is the link."

I also tagged you in my original post as well.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know that there's at least 2 and possibly 3. I thought one was used to control the temperature, and then others to control where the air goes. If that makes sense.

badwolf

Reaction score
I had this problem too a couple months ago. when i brought it into my dealer they knew exactly what it was.

my raptor is 2011 and had about 40k miles on it.