Blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the other day I remote started the raptor. Got in and there was a clicking behind the dashboard behind the passenger vent. I stuck the key in and the clicking stopped. Took it to the dealership. They replaced the blend door actuator. They said the arm broke. They also said its a really common problem on the F150's. Covered under warranty. Funny thing is im 1000 miles over warranty. The Mechanic is awesome and put a different mileage on the paperwork. He hooked a brother up. First time Im pleased with a dealership experience.

Scozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the same luck. I am out of warranty and I was told my secondary warranty doesn't cover it. Not sure how difficult it is to change out, but for now I just deal with the clicking noise.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it in my 98. Pain in the butt and took a while. I had to take the dash almost all out. Loosened it all and pull one side out as far as I could. The actual part was easy though.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Has anyone changed their own? The dealer wants $350-700 depending on which one is out. The part seems to be around $32 +/-. I was curious how much of the dash needs to come off. Out of warranty and my secondary coverage doesn't cover it.
Take a look at All Data or a similar site with a service manual to see how much work would be involved.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine on my 2001 F150 XLT. While a pain in the ass, I wasn't going to pay >$1000 for replacement from the dealer. I also wasn't going to go without it, as it was only blowing cold air and in winter it would be just too cold. It took me about 3 hours, $35 parts, and couple of skin cuts but was well worth it. I didn't look at the complexity on a Raptor but assume it is about the same. I'd recommend going for changing it yourself!!