Beadlock beauty ring bolt - help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have three bolts that the tops got scrapped off. The normal T45 won't fit to get them out. I've tried and just making it worse.

Any suggestion how to get these out?

u6ajegyp.jpg
nage8eza.jpg

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A screwdriver put on the outer edge of the bolt and hit at an angle with a hammer will probably do the trick. If it doesn't just epoxy a nut and do it that way, welding may be a little too much, especially since those rings are aluminum.

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try drilling out with a left handed drill bit same dia. as T45 then use ez-out extractor. should come out providing not to much lock-tite. In that case slightly heat with propane torch. Bring heat up slowly to crystalize and break down lock-tite without damage to surface.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Liking the attach a nut idea. What epoxy would I use that would be strong enough? The bolts do have blue locktite and were torque to 47lbs.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Epoxy wont work in this situation. The bond will not be strong enough to withstand the rotational force to twist the bolt out. Try drilling the center hole slightly larger and use an EZ out extractor.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

that means they are loose. it should have been 47.8.

Its actually 47.9

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

I spoke with a guy who was planning on doing some welding for a bracket on my bed cage and showed him this morning the pictures. He said no problem, he will weld some nuts on and get them out.

Thanks for ideas guys, I would not of thought to ask the welder to help me on this.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good success with this kit. One end is a left hand drill and the other is an easy out type. In the past I've used longer harder extractors and found them easy to break off.