Battery dead every morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katblac

Reaction score
Hi there, I bought my son a 2013 Raptor and it has almost 80,000 miles. Has been running great until about 2 weeks ago and everyone morning he's having to jump it. Dealership said it was positive battery cable. Replaced it and still happening. Thought maybe a relay and turned everything off and still dead in the morning. Friend mechanic just said relays all fine and probably ignition switch and needs to be replaced...anyone else out there have similar issue?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I bought my son a 2013 Raptor and it has almost 80,000 miles. Has been running great until about 2 weeks ago and everyone morning he's having to jump it. Dealership said it was positive battery cable. Replaced it and still happening. Thought maybe a relay and turned everything off and still dead in the morning. Friend mechanic just said relays all fine and probably ignition switch and needs to be replaced...anyone else out there have similar issue?
When my first battery was giving out it would slowly discharge overnight and then speed up as time went on until I ended up having to do the same.

If it runs throughout the day starting and stopping but dies after sitting a long while I'd at least give the battery a look.

My stock motorcraft battery died at 56k miles and my replacement is about to do the same at 104k miles.

If it didn't start I'd say check the notorious fuse 27 but if it's starting with a jump I'd say it probably is the battery discharging too quickly either because of the battery or a faulty wire.

If the battery in it is old you could replace it and see if that works out, definitely be cheaper than going to Ford.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull ground strap. Put a test light between post and strap. You will be able to identify a draw. Pull fuses if you need to identify circuit.

OP
OP
K

katblac

Reaction score
Thanks, I replaced battery about 4 months ago so unless its a dud but checked ok. I will definitely recheck battery and fuses.

notnks

Reaction score
My 2011 did something similar except all my interior lights would come on randomly day and night killing the battery.

On the side of the gearshift there is solenoid that tells the truck that it is in park and it went bad. Ford replaced the whole shifter and didn’t have any more issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk