Ball joint out at 38k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went in to local Ford dealer for state inspection and failed it due to left front upper ball joint excessive play. You can't get just the ball joint, at least from Ford, so new upper control arm complete with bushings and ball joint is needed. $204 from the dealer. Crossed checked on Tasca parts ($135 plus shipping) so they're not getting me too bad. I have zero down time and need my inspection so will have to suck it up and pay 2 hour shop time for them to do it. :mad:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's not too bad for the part. You have to pull the coil over out to replace the Uca. Make sure the shop knows if it's not a ford dealer. And make sure they torque the lower shock bolt correctly

OP
OP
Stang

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It is a Ford dealer. I didn't realize the lower bolt torque was so high. I wouldn't have been doing it anyway I guess. Out of warranty. Ball joint is technically a wear item so not sure they would have covered it anyway plus they commented on mid perch, not that it had anything to do with it but I could sense a battle which