Back up Camera - No video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgdragon

Reaction score
I have a '10 SCAB and all of sudden my backup camera is not displaying anything. Gives a flashing black screen. Any ideas or anyone have same issue? No warranty left so won't be visiting Ford!

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have not already done so the first place i would check is the harness connections at the camera and where it hooks into the main harness

OP
OP
mgdragon

mgdragon

Reaction score
Thanks Marilynsride. Yes I just checked there under the bumper/tailgate. From what I can get to there, nothing disconnected and no chaffed wires.

It has to be some type of connection issue or a problem with the camera itself because now I have somewhat of a distorted picture but flashing so its not a fuse or a connector unplugged.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you might want to check the connection inside the tailgate at the camera itself. I had to replace my harness but that was because i hit a kicker so hard it knocked my tailgate off and ripped the harness from the camera. but that might be another possible trouble spot. if you have to replace the camera ive had good luck with tasca on line, i had to replace the harness and a bracket and it was about 100 bucks. i think camera was another 90. its not difficult but you just have to make sure you dont break anything as you take it apart. there are a couple of threads on here about taking the emblem off that are helpful

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/backup-camera-inop-sometimes-47015/

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/calling-all-blacked-out-raptors-42731/index7.html

post #69 tells you how to remove tailgate emblem

OP
OP
mgdragon

mgdragon

Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to look into the tailgate side. Thanks for the links, I did a search but didn't find those and didn't come up with much.

Thanks again for the tips and links!