AUX lights on, Radio reception goes bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a used 2010 6.2L. Previous owner put cheapo Ridgid clone LED's on front bumper. When switching on the lights (aux3 switch) i get radio distortion and fuzz, turn off, clear as a bell. I'm assuming this is a wiring issue of some sort, i need to get it rectified, i got a new set of Ridgid D2's in-route that i will be adding, what do i need to do to prevent this from happening with the new ones?

Rick

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get slight interference from my Rigid D2's not enough that I'm concerned. What really sucks is the interference I get when I flip on my 50 watt Evo-X HID's with Morimoto 5five ballasts. @Raptor Retrofit is working on getting the issues corrected.

Last edited:

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RKWJunior,
I have the same problem when I turn on my hood mounted Hella HID's. It's worst the first few seconds while the ballasts charge the HID lights then dies down quite a bit. Never goes away though. I thought it might be because of the proximity to the antenna of the right hood mounted HID....now sounds more like a pass through wiring problem.
Eddie

AggieSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, I have 4 Hella HID's and they make the radio distorted when they're turned on too, I just always thought it was because I have then grounded by where the radio is. I could be completely wrong though. It may be the pass through wires, since they're all in moderately close proximity.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm electro-magnetic compatibility issues.

It can really only be rectified via the manufacturer of the lights.

This is a radiated emissions issue. The automotive manufacturers all oem suppliers have to conform to certain limits. Aftermarket companies are not forced to meet the same requirements.

Probably going to be pretty difficult to fix without some redesigns on one or both side of the parts.

OP
OP
R

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm electro-magnetic compatibility issues.

It can really only be rectified via the manufacturer of the lights.

This is a radiated emissions issue. The automotive manufacturers all oem suppliers have to conform to certain limits. Aftermarket companies are not forced to meet the same requirements.

Probably going to be pretty difficult to fix without some redesigns on one or both side of the parts.

Hmm, that's disappointing to hear. I'd love to know how many Raptor owners here with the giant light setups have issues.??

Anyone here NOT have issues with Ridgid D2's or other top brands?? I'm thinking maybe installation may have something to do with it also.??