Auto Dimming Driver's Side Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to turn this off? It's annoying and distracting and causes a blur instead of a clear picture of what's behind you. Maybe I have to purchase a "normal" mirror?

TIA

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What chu takin bout?

If it's the mirror over the dashboard, get it replaced. There is something wrong with it. Mine works fine and is clear all the time.
If your talking about the side view mirror on the door, I wasn't aware of a dimming feature. But either way, take it in for repair/replace.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
What chu takin bout?

If it's the mirror over the dashboard, get it replaced. There is something wrong with it. Mine works fine and is clear all the time.
If your talking about the side view mirror on the door, I wasn't aware of a dimming feature. But either way, take it in for repair/replace.

MIght be part of the Lux package. IDk.

OP
OP
SterlingE55

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm referring to the side view mirror. Driver side is auto dimming and blurry as **** and passenger side is normal and a clean clear picture. Center rear-view works great.

Driver's side view takes too long to dim and when it does it gets way too dark and is ALWAYS blurry. Maybe time to take it to the dealer. Effin hate the stealer. Thanks guys.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I would get it checked out first. Only the driver side should dim but mine stays clear as can be and actually dims pretty quick. Get it looked at, you should love this feature.

OP
OP
SterlingE55

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll report back after a trip to the dealer. Glad to know it works well when it works.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I'll report back after a trip to the dealer. Glad to know it works well when it works.

any word on this? mine works fine clear picture but with my tinted windows and tinted mirror. i cant see shit at night. getting on the highway sucks becasue of it... i just want to shut it off.