"Auto" climate control sporatic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c19dale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW and it seems the AUTO climate control is working sporadic. Sometimes it works fine when you adjust the temperature up and down, sometimes, you can turn it down to 60deg or LO and there is just a slight cool breeze blowing out the vents when it should be blasting in the FL heat. anyone experience this? I am taking to the dealer soon, but you know how sporadic issues and dealers go if they cant replicate it when I bring it in.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Double check the A/C illuminates when you are in AUTO, if not, then you have something more solid to report to the dealer.

mridahodan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that on my 2014, if I use the auto start feature, the AC kicks in and cools it down but when I put the key in, it seems to get messed up. The fan still runs, but doesn't really get cool. I have to turn off the climate control and then back on and things are fine.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue in mine. I've only noticed it now that we are getting hot. It's rather annoying. Sometimes I have to turn climate control off and then back on to get it to work. Seems independent of if I use remote start or not for me.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2014 SCREW and it seems the AUTO climate control is working sporadic...

Hey, folks!

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm sure you'll want the cabs of your trucks to be nice and cool. If your climate control is acting up like c19dale's, get it in front of your dealership so they can help. Need my assistance? PM me your details and I'll research options. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Reaction score
I have had the exact same problem! It only happens when I use the remote start feature, and only when the AC kicks in (on hot days).

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Were you guys able to resolve this?

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have this issue as well. Cab is warm but not throwing air unless I hit max air.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 does this randomly, done it since new.
I don't have remote start, so it's always with the key. What seems to get it going is I shut the system off, restart it and it seems to work fine until the next random occurrence. I never bothered to take it to the dealer due to the randomness.
FWIW my 2013 Escape does the same thing.....