Audio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

My 2013 Raptor is only 7000 miles. All is OK except the audio system. From time to time as I listen to the music I hear the audio sound been distorted. In other words the normal sound is muffled and there is no more high pitch. This stays for a while then comes in and out. This happens regardless of what I listen to. Anybody else noticed this - and if yes - what is the solution?

Thanks, GT

BMacD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it happens play with the fade and balance to see if you can insolate it to one of the speakers...I have had some of mine replaced under warranty for doing the same thing.

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or is it the HD radio reception going in and out ?

I notice the same, usually when moving away from city and out of good reception area.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or is it the HD radio reception going in and out ?

I notice the same, usually when moving away from city and out of good reception area.

That is not the case in my situation. I live in a very strong signal and this loss of HD happens in populated metro area...sometimes even when I am stopped at a light. Is it the tuner that has a problem or is something else. Somebody here said that they decided not to listen to the radio because of this. Well...FORD...this is BS! What is the fix???