Anyone else have this trans issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 with almost 2000 miles, whenever I put the truck in reverse there is a loud click from under the truck. After being warmed up it is a little louder and also clicks as I back up, almost like a ratcheting sound. I don't think it's normal as my brothers 2010 Scab doesn't do it, will have the dealer check during first oil change but was wondering if anyone else had this same issue.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should have it looked at now I did oil change at 1500 first one and one at 3000 next one will be 6000 and so on I'm just like that.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
when i go from D to R. it makes a little click but i think thats just the tranny changing gears. Its not a racheting sound... just a split second click from the bottom of the truck. I asked on the board before everyone said its ok.

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took it in and they said it was the driveshaft, replaced it and it still makes the same clicking noise. They are keeping it and put me in a rental, think it may be a bad part.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yikes! Scary! 2012 here with ~2,500 miles. Nothing like what you are describing, though now I'm paranoid. You can feel and slightly hear the D or R gear changes, but nothing beyond what I'd expect from an automatic. No clicking or thumping.