Any gas gauge issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Went a few miles past the normal fill up point today. I usually fill up at about 3/8 of a tank or about 22-24 gallons just to keep the PUMP SHOCK from being so bad. I can stand $80 bucks but $100 plus is gonna give me a coranary! HAhahaaaaa

So today I let it get down to 1/4. I happened to be parked front end down hill in my driveway and when I went to leave I got a low fuel window on the display. I thought well I have only used 22-24 gallons so far and gone about 280-300 miles, the usual 12.5 or there about for an average. Anyway I drive off and this low fuel screen will not go away. DAMN! Now I am worried. I can't toggle through the screens to my trip or gallons used. I am thinking someone sucked some gas out last night. DAMN!

So about 3 or 4 miles up the road the display comes back to life and it says I have 60 miles to empty, the gage is showing a needle away from the the no sweep section of the gage. Hummmmm? So I pull in and fill up.

The truck takes only 26 gallons. Its a 36 gallon tank right? Thats what my window sticker says. So was I almost out or did I have 130 miles left? Any chance I have a 26 gallon sending unit in my truck? Hope not!

Unfortunatly I had NOT set my trip at the last fill up so I do not know the gallons used acording to the puter. Anyone have any issues with their fuel gage?

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I think parking on an angle fooled the unit into thinking you had less than you really did.

I do to but don't you think after an hour parked on level ground would have made it all better? Thats what the deal was. Left and it did its funny and we hung out at a B day party for an hour and when I went to leave it still wanted fuel on the gage,

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
The only problem I have is everytime I drive fast, it goes down!

Mine too! Especially since the Flowmaster tends to make me hold the shifts till 4000 in the first 4 gears fromn every light and I have been down shifting the same making as much noise, I mean music when I decell! HAHahaaaaaaa.Still get in the 12's though.

BDRAG

emahler

Reaction score
Curious if you tried hitting the OK button to get back to your menus? I haven't seen the low fuel screen yet, but I know that gets rid of the door ajar screen.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Curious if you tried hitting the OK button to get back to your menus? I haven't seen the low fuel screen yet, but I know that gets rid of the door ajar screen.

It seems like I tried and after a bit the gage did raise a little and it went off but still just showd 60 miles left. I should have had 120 plus. My FX4 light / chime came on with 4 gallon left in the tank. Not sure now at all with the Raptor??????
BDRAG

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Mine too! Especially since the Flowmaster tends to make me hold the shifts till 4000 in the first 4 gears fromn every light and I have been down shifting the same making as much noise, I mean music when I decell! HAHahaaaaaaa.Still get in the 12's though.

BDRAG

Same here, that 40 is no help. But like you I still get 14.5 - 15