Another Transmission Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This morning when making a left turn through an intersection after the stop light, the truck hesitated for about 3 seconds, or so, in what I would guess was 2nd gear.

This follows last week's "stuck in first gear" event. (Which was temporary and hasn't happened since)

Computer question: If I take it to the dealer would their scanner pick up the malfunctions in the transmission the past few weeks?

I've got a trip ahead in a little less than 4 weeks and would like this problem resolved before taking the 300+ mile trip.

Any thoughts on the cause? 2011 Raptor has just under 20,000 miles.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and, if what happened was a error and it only happens 1 time the code will be in the PCM. If its happened 2 times it will set the light.

LeDZeP

Reaction score
I also have an '11. When I first got mine every once in a while it would hesitate between 3rd & 4th gears. Nothing as bad as what you are explaining above, but annoying all the same. I took it in and they told me it was the computer not tranny. They retuned the computer and I was good for a bit during the "brake-in" period. It started up again so I tuned it myself with a 5 star. It has ran way better but still lags every once in a while. I have heard similar things from other owners. Looks like I will be going back to the dealer.

Deino, It's under warranty... take it in

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem as well as an extremely harsh downshift from 3rd into 2nd. It doesn't happen every time but maybe two to three in twenty. And when I say harsh,I mean back check. My thought is considering it's 4-5k rpm's when it hits,the limiter lock to keep you out of a lower gear for that reason is failing. Probably electrical.
I would like to hear from the op here on what happened?