another Sync/Nav problem today (2nd time)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know others are having sync/bluetooth issues, just don't know if they've moved forward enough to get it fixed.

Last week I had issue with my phone dropping connectivity when it felt like it.

called the Sync geniuses, they told me to HARD reset it (same fix for cellphones, TV's, VCR's, DVD, Computers, iPods, iPads, toasters, coffee makers, etc.) by pulling the Sync fuse on the passenger kick panel. So they all read from the same "professional help guide", we get it.

Today, I cranked up the truck, phone connected, tried to dial out, the screen locked up, phone wouldn't function so I turned off the phone, turned off the Sync (or Audio button), turned the truck off and opened the door.

Got back in turned everything on.... looks good. No sound from iPhone (music) Pushed the "media" button (where bluetooth connectivity is done), it goes back to the Radio screen. Pushed all the other screens there are, they work fine. Media screen is gone.

Called Ford Customer Relations (whew), after working furiously to determine my correct email address, we get to the problem. She says "try a hard reset".

Seriously? I've done that several times... I don't wanna do that anymore. She said "ok, take it to the dealer, they will do it for you". I told her the problem with that, was they will do the reset (which I can do without leaving my truck all day), but that won't solve the problem. It will do this again (based on 3 times I've had to do it since Feb 14).

She passed me along and we got in touch with another Ford guy who called the dealer (lesser of 4 evils) and told him my problem and asked if I could call him.

I called him, he said "we have a radio guy that comes in at 9:30a every day and can help you sync your phone". I told him that wasn't the problem. He said "well, whatever the problem is, our local radio repair guy will be able to assist". Ok fine.

I asked him (and the Ford CS rep) why a local radio repair guy would have a better working knowledge of this Sony/Ford/Sync touchscreen Nav system that FORD would?

All I got was "we cant fix it over the phone (I agree)", an this guy fixes all our radios"

Operative word here is RADIO..... we will see tomorrow at 9:30.

Last edited:

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck...I have a problem withmine when I get and start it. I usually use the bluetooth for my songs on my Blackberry. When the radio is syncing with the phone, it sounds like the song is going fast forward for a second, then stops about a second and repeats about 2-3 times. After the last time, it operates normally without any further problems. It only happens when the radio and phone do their sync. Is this normal?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Don, "most dealers" use an outside source company contracted with Ford, to do Warr Audio repair. This is standard practice. So sorry you are having issues??

randy

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh, I don't mind issues, I mind them not getting solved. I do know Ford knows its an issue, so its not the end of the world.

I was kinda hoping they would come up with "we confirm the issue and will order another Nav and when it comes in we will swap em out" (which they may do tomorrow) or say "oh, we have a fix"... I just don't see how the local guy is all too familiar with software issues specific to this Sony Nav, thats all....

but we will see :) as you know, I'll keep you posted.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Given the number of us I've seen with "issues" I'm not sure I want a new unit just yet. I'm thinking I might hold on to what I have and hope for a software upgrade!?! Unless of course it ***** the bed entirely. I'm concerned that with a new unit comes new problems. I'd like to think Ford is working on identifying the common thread that is the bug.

Am I crazy?? ok, don't answer that!!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
eh, I don't mind issues, I mind them not getting solved. I do know Ford knows its an issue, so its not the end of the world.

I was kinda hoping they would come up with "we confirm the issue and will order another Nav and when it comes in we will swap em out" (which they may do tomorrow) or say "oh, we have a fix"... I just don't see how the local guy is all too familiar with software issues specific to this Sony Nav, thats all....

but we will see :) as you know, I'll keep you posted.

The swap doesn't always fix it, and my second swap created more issues (sound quality, no cam) than I originally had. They are actively working on it though and when the next unit comes in, I'll be in for service again. If you do get a swap - make damn sure they complete the proper transfer of the Sirrius information as you cannot do that yourself (I haven't had sat radio since November).

I was pretty pissed before at the "there's nothing we can do" statement. A few weeks later I was emailed to take an online survey concerning my last Ford service experience. Well, I had some fun with that...

A few ignored calls from Ford later, I had to go in for service a few weeks ago. When I booked an appointment, I got a call back within an hour from the service advisor, stating I would not only have priority, but that the new service manager needed to meet with me. Guess I red flagged something? Anyways, they have really been responsive and I'm told they'll stop at nothing to get this resolved. Free rentals, constant communication, and attention to detail has made my service experience a whole lot more re-assuring.
Sometimes ya just gotta bitch at the right time...

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Houston, I saw you posted on the thread I started at SVTO regarding this issue. Did you try Aaron's suggestion on page 1?