Another F'n blend door motor bitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I have an issue, since when I turn the defroster on more air blows out the front panels, but doesn't seem like any air is coming out of the defrost vents.

I know had a blend door replaced under warranty and I am sure it was on the passenger side. I don't hear any clicking, so which blend or mode door should I look at replacing?

GVW299

Reaction score
I know I have an issue, since when I turn the defroster on more air blows out the front panels, but doesn't seem like any air is coming out of the defrost vents.

I know had a blend door replaced under warranty and I am sure it was on the passenger side. I don't hear any clicking, so which blend or mode door should I look at replacing?

I replaced both of mine without taking the dash out with the help of my wife's small hands at times. There is a third blend motor which might be your issue as I recall that controls the defrost. It is up under the driver's footwell high on the right hand side. You can reach both of its bolts easily but if you want to replace it you need to remove the accelerator pedal (three bolts I think) and then plenty of room - 5-10 minutes tops. It is a different model of blend motor to the other two.

My driver's side clicked and I replaced the passenger one just because I was in there. You might have got lucky with that third one but someone might come in and spoil the party.