GEN 2 Almost 3k mikes and my experience with Ford so far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...but his hands were tied with a loaner car. I can't fathom how I purchased a vehicle for nearly 80k from this dealership(10k over invoice) and I'm being brushed off like I'm nothing.

Not every manufacturer provides a free loaner car even for warranty work.

But they typically do offer a discounted rental car rate and often have a rental car on the premises (e.g., Enterprise).

Good luck with your warranty issue!

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
They actually do offer a loaner car but the wait is 30 days plus right now. They do not offer rental cars at all, I was willing to go that route.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you search the F150 forum, Its a very well documented issue, all 3.5 ecoboost trucks suffer from the itercooler holding moisture.
Several aftermarket companies make an intercooler upgrade that fixes this condensation issue.
Unfortunate that the Ford store you bought the truck from sounds terrible. Ive experienced both good and bad, usually you need a friend on the inside or they treat ya like shit..

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and keep us updated. BTW this dealership operation sounds terrible. Just wondering if you can contact Ford Directly regarding the service and on going problem with both, truck and service.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saw a used '17 Raptor for sale in front of the local Porsche dealer last night. I'm sure that former Raptor owner is now back to the more familiar kiss-your-ass-whilst-blowing-sweet-nothings-in-your-ear type of service he was used to.

OP
OP
Magnetic1

Magnetic1

Reaction score
Ok, so I didn't make my appointment because the truck stopped doing the hesitation on sunday (of course). I did however figure something else out. I carry about 200lbs or so of equipment in my pickup bed. When the load is in the bed i get an almost unbearable shaking and bouncing in the truck going over the slightest bump in the road, even just cruising on a relatively smooth highway. So to anyone out there with an uncomfortable ride, if you have a load in your bed, take it out and see what the truck does. I am going to continue to drive the truck and keep an eye on everything.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so I didn't make my appointment because the truck stopped doing the hesitation on sunday (of course). I did however figure something else out. I carry about 200lbs or so of equipment in my pickup bed. When the load is in the bed i get an almost unbearable shaking and bouncing in the truck going over the slightest bump in the road, even just cruising on a relatively smooth highway. So to anyone out there with an uncomfortable ride, if you have a load in your bed, take it out and see what the truck does. I am going to continue to drive the truck and keep an eye on everything.

my guess is the weather got better right? you were having the problem in cooler/rainy conditions? just putting the puzzle together

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do a kam reset. then drive in sport mode for a week. it is entirely possible u are too gentle on the truck and it learned you grandpa driving style. also let the air pressure down to the recommended 38psi cold

kam reset.
when the truck is cold.( set for longer then 6 hrs) disconnect the battery negative side first then positive.

turn on the headlights for 1 min or so.

connect the battery positive side first then negative.

start the truck with headlights, radio and ac off.

let idle for 15 min.

turn on ac, headlight, and radio. and idle 5 min.

drive the truck as you normally would. ( use sport mode for better learning)

if it throws a code and cel then take it to the dealer without turning off the truck cause u have a misfire or other issue.

report back and tell if this worked lol

not talking shit just telling from an experienced owners standpoint with the 3.5 especially.
don't drill the stupid weep hole. if you think it is a condensation issue have the dealer take off the ic and check it if the kam reset doesn't work.

Last edited:

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@dlbb has a good assessment. FYI, the info from Ford states that the vehicle should rest for 20-30 minutes with the battery disconnected.

As for your backend hopping, yeah, I've noticed a radical difference in my Gen2 as compared to my '12 Gen1. The fact of this truck being 400 pounds lighter really makes the backend feel downright squirrelly at times. Especially noticeable under hard acceleration over small bumps.

BUT...I had to have my wheels/tires balanced threes times; and the final was by the ROADFORCE system. Only THEN, did my truck not have a rhythmic bounce on the freeway!

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk