Alignment Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexlaughlin

Reaction score
My tires started wearing (chopping) on the insides on the front. Had it aligned, moved fronts to the rear and rears to the front. The alignment sheet shows they got it all in spec but it's doing it again. I have the mid perch done, does something need to be over compensated for the lifted front end? Tires are the General Grabbers. PLEASE HELP!

pmharris423

Reaction score
I can't give you an answer, but I can say I have the same problem with Grabbers. It used to be in the back every time I went over 75 the whole back would start shaking, just got the tires rotated yesterday and aligned and it is doing it in the front now just less noticeable and at about 85. Would like to get in expert in this thread though

Reaction score
everyone Ive put on the alignment rack(about 30-40) are toe'd out from the factory.
I lower the air pressure to 30-33 psi and recalibrate the tpms. of course the customer has to agree to this but they are D rated tires they can handle it just fine unless youre going to be at 100mph all day long.
also getting the tires rotated every 3k will help.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

also just because the sheet shows "within specs" it can be very far from ideal or perfect

I also toe them in a little more than the factory spec.

LS3 CJ7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine said he had heard of the vibration in the front end. My '14 is to be delivered in June. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everyone Ive put on the alignment rack(about 30-40) are toe'd out from the factory.
I lower the air pressure to 30-33 psi and recalibrate the tpms. of course the customer has to agree to this but they are D rated tires they can handle it just fine unless youre going to be at 100mph all day long.
also getting the tires rotated every 3k will help.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

also just because the sheet shows "within specs" it can be very far from ideal or perfect

I also toe them in a little more than the factory spec.

Who and how can we get tpms re calibrated to a lower pressure?

Reaction score
ford and reflash the computer. Ive done it with IDS.
the lowest you can go is 30 psi.
you cannot do it on 2010,2011 or newer.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a real alingment shop that knows these trucks.

Avoid STS, goodyear, pepboys, ETC like the plaque.

Just because the sheet says its all in the "green" dosent mean its adjusted.
There are MANY ways to fudge an alignment printout.

FYI most shops when you get a front end alignment only adjust the toe setting. In the field this is know as "set the toe, and let it go"

Im not sure were you are from but if you can make a trip out to KHC, let them do it.
They are cheap and do a perfect alignment, its not even worth my time to set my truck up on my shops rack and do it myself for there price!