Advancetrac Service/Hill Descent Fault??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedFive

Reaction score
Sorry for not following up sooner, but did want to let everyone here know that about 3 months ago they were finally able to reproduce the issue. They had the truck on a rainy day and it took about 6 hours. After working with corp tech, they pinned the issue to a faulty Steering Angle Control Sensor. Once they replaced that the issue has not come back. It has been several months now with lots of rain and on/off road use. It seems to have resolved the issue entirely.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for not following up sooner, but did want to let everyone here know that about 3 months ago they were finally able to reproduce the issue. They had the truck on a rainy day and it took about 6 hours. After working with corp tech, they pinned the issue to a faulty Steering Angle Control Sensor. Once they replaced that the issue has not come back. It has been several months now with lots of rain and on/off road use. It seems to have resolved the issue entirely.

Fantastic news, RedFive! Thanks for taking the time to come back and share your results.

Crystal

GT stang

Reaction score
I will just throw this in here since this happened to me once

#third brake light checked also the brake light switch
#steering angle control sensor replaced with no luck
#wheel speed sensor replaced with no luck
#maf sensor replaced
#harness behind the driver side tire checked
#after almost 3 days of troubleshooting i found that the fuse for maf sensor was bad
replaced it and everything is back to normal

i would recommend everyone with the same fault to check their fuses first and keep a spare fuse always

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an old thread - but I've just started getting these symptoms and it is becoming more frequent. I'm going to run through the list here of things to look at (thanks for sharing).

My question for any of you still looking at this is whether you had any other symptoms when this warning came on? For me, my truck can start to stall (if I am idle) or if I am on the road it drives really rough and feels like the tranny is not shifting correctly. If I reboot my truck then it all goes away and everything is good.

maxxuav

Reaction score
I will just throw this in here since this happened to me once

#third brake light checked also the brake light switch
#steering angle control sensor replaced with no luck
#wheel speed sensor replaced with no luck
#maf sensor replaced
#harness behind the driver side tire checked
#after almost 3 days of troubleshooting i found that the fuse for maf sensor was bad
replaced it and everything is back to normal

i would recommend everyone with the same fault to check their fuses first and keep a spare fuse always

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I just picked up a used 2013 Raptor SuperCrew and I'm also getting this error. However mine is always when I turn the steering all the way to stop, either left or right. Dealership is at a loss and they're going back and forth with Ford engineering. I'll check the maf sensor fuse, but given that this only happens when I turn the wheels all the way to stop, does anyone else have any other ideas? They've already tried replacing the steering wheel angle sensor (twice actually). Very annoying!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bad cable in the wheel speed sensor or it's getting trapped or pulled. Sensors are cheep swap them both see if it goes away.

maxxuav

Reaction score
Bad cable in the wheel speed sensor or it's getting trapped or pulled. Sensors are cheep swap them both see if it goes away.

Dealership has tried replacing the angle sensor and the module it connects to. I've suggested to them, based on my research, that it could be the steering rack, but they refuse to acknowledge the possibility. There's a sensor in the steering rack that could go bad. They are insistent that's not the problem but from what I've been finding online, it's at least worth looking at, no?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

My truck did this one time at the beach.. Bad wheel speed sensor

Was it a one time occurence? I can easily repeat the problem by turning the wheel all the way left/right.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealership has tried replacing the angle sensor and the module it connects to. I've suggested to them, based on my research, that it could be the steering rack, but they refuse to acknowledge the possibility. There's a sensor in the steering rack that could go bad. They are insistent that's not the problem but from what I've been finding online, it's at least worth looking at, no?

There are no sensors inside the raptor steering rack its all mechanical. There is a sensor in the steering wheel but thats it. Its most likely a wheel speed sensor on the front wheels. Turn the wheels full lock and take a look at the cable make sure its not over taught pinched or damaged, it runs up the side of the steering knuckle from behind the rotor dust shield all the way up to the fender liner.

maxxuav

Reaction score
There are no sensors inside the raptor steering rack its all mechanical. There is a sensor in the steering wheel but thats it. Its most likely a wheel speed sensor on the front wheels. Turn the wheels full lock and take a look at the cable make sure its not over taught pinched or damaged, it runs up the side of the steering knuckle from behind the rotor dust shield all the way up to the fender liner.

Ahhh, thanks for that information. I'll pass this along to the dealership.