Advancetrac Service/Hill Descent Fault??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got Error code (service advanced trac and Hill Descent control fault) yesterday for the first time...

I've had the issue on mine. Less than a 1000 miles. Has happened 6 times since 30 miles...

Hey guys,

It wouldn't hurt to have your dealership check things over if this issue continues. Keep us posted; I'm always just a PM away if I can be of any assistance.

Crystal

RedFive

Reaction score
Hi Crystal. I took it to the dealership already and they couldn't reproduce the issue. I can't do it on demand either. With that being said, I am fairly confident in saying that it only happens when it has rained a lot and when I am turning. The local dealership said they had never seen or heard of the issue as well. I mentioned that the forum had a number of folks having the issue and encouraged him to reach out to someone at corporate to learn more globally. Not sure that happened. I also captured a health report when it happened and it is not very specific to the issue other than please take it in for service. Happy to help trace the issue, just don't know how.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your third brake light, even if it looks clear and your lamps/LED are OK, because on my '13 Raptor, there was still a few water in it, causing the problem IMO (first appeared under heavy rain on the highway)...

Just seal it right, it's an easy fix and many on FRF had this issue...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated, It has commonly been an issue with water getting into the third brake light.
The fix is for a new third brake light with what my dealer told me "a larger gasket".

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be checking mine more closely this weekend. I know it had water in it when I took it apart to tint it.

RedFive

Reaction score
Will check out the light when I get some free time in the next week or so. Between it being cold and travel I will have to manage it via restart. Would be cleaner to use a thicker foam gasket than silicone for sure. Does anyone have any pictures of the new "thicker" gasket that is resolving the issue?

RedFive

Reaction score
Still getting this issue after applying a silicone seal. Anyone know where I can the larger gasket by itself? I can see how they didn't do a good job aligning it up at the factory and how moisture can get in. Can try and rip the old gasket off and do proper alignment job on the gasket install.

Thanks!

johnatrisk

Reaction score
Same error on brand new 2014...

I've been getting this Hill Descent/Advancetrac Check Brake System fault on my brand new 2014 (less than 2400 miles). It's very intermittent and might be related to weather...still not sure. Taking it in to the dealer and will report what they say (or don't say...). Very frustrating though.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been getting this Hill Descent/Advancetrac Check Brake System fault on my brand new 2014 (less than 2400 miles). It's very intermittent and might be related to weather...still not sure. Taking it in to the dealer and will report what they say (or don't say...). Very frustrating though.

Welcome to the forum, johnatrisk! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. Definitely let us know what you hear from the dealership; I'm here if you need any assistance. :)

Crystal