Advancetrac Service/Hill Descent Fault??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer13

Reaction score
Got Error code (service advanced trac and Hill Descent control fault) yesterday for the first time. Turned the truck on and off and it went away, havent seen it since then. Last time someone posted about it was two years ago, anyone have any updated info? Truck has just under 36,000 miles.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got Error code (service advanced trac and Hill Descent control fault) yesterday for the first time. Turned the truck on and off and it went away, havent seen it since then. Last time someone posted about it was two years ago, anyone have any updated info? Truck has just under 36,000 miles.

I've had the same problem a few weeks ago on my 2013 Scab with only 15 000 miles, on the highway under heavy rain.
After investigating that third brake light, I had a very few water in it, not surprising at the light isn't properly sealed...I had the whole think cleaned, dried and sealed, and for now the problem hasn't returned...

RedFive

Reaction score
I've had the issue on mine. Less than a 1000 miles. Has happened 6 times since 30 miles. Always when wet and slightly turning on an incline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gus00SVTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me awhile back. Put it back to stock tune. Then reloaded my 5star 93 perf tune. Hasn't happened since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will throw this in and it may be completely coincidental. I got this fault twice on Tuesday for the first time ever. Once on the way to work and once on the way home. It was dry and the third brake light is clear. After it happened the second time, I realized that I had not unplugged my ELM327 after playing with it the day before. I unplugged it and have not gotten the warning since.

Again, the two events may be completely coincidental. I will plug in the Bluetooth ODBII reader again after another week or so and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free