5.0 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if its been asked, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Has anyone attempted/done a 5.0 swap in place of the 6.2? I'm asking b/c I'm interested in either building the current 6.2 with forged internals for a whipple setup or swapping in the 5.0 and going forced induction. I know there's a lot more than just swapping engines. So I'm hoping to gain some insight from those that have researched more or have done it to see what they've encountered during the swap.

Thank you,
Jon

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
What type of power figures are you shooting for?

To be safe with the rest of the driveline, SVC's setup might be your best shot. If you build something different and push the power, you're going to find the weak links in the driveline.

OP
OP
ProjecT 9

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd upgrade accordingly. Another reason for the question is based on fords move to get rid of the 6.2 engine. Keeping the Ecoboost and 5.0 i'd assume the aftermarket for these engine's will only become better and die off for the 6.2. So I'm looking forward some as well. I'd like to be around 650-700 rear wheel. Thats my goal.