GEN 1 4x4 making rotational knocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorpaul

Reaction score
Anyone know what would cause this noise? Only happens when 4x4 is engaged. Will be going into Ford Tuesday. Hope they have it fixed by Friday so I can attend a run with a group of friends and family Saturday morning to Laughlin.

https://vimeo.com/186180126

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it the front diff or the transfer case howling?

Just run the truck in 2wd? I don't think I've ever needed to use 4wd

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Has anyone tried these: http://www.rcvperformance.com/product-details.aspx?sku=IWE-FD ?

Also what pump for iwe? I thought it got its vacuum from the brake booster.

The vacuum check valve is most likely what he meant. They are about $60 and easy to install.

If it is not that, then it is s cracked IWE. Both are easily servicable by the dealer.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

OP
OP
raptorpaul

raptorpaul

Reaction score
Ford called today and said that it is both IWE's and would cost just south of $800. And at only 38k miles they will not cover due to "4 in lift" middle perch and my extended warranty won't cover because of what ford said about the lift. Guess I will not need an extended warranty and go with The Dorman for lifetime warranty on the IWE.

D

Deleted member 12951

Ford called today and said that it is both IWE's and would cost just south of $800. And at only 38k miles they will not cover due to "4 in lift" middle perch and my extended warranty won't cover because of what ford said about the lift. Guess I will not need an extended warranty and go with The Dorman for lifetime warranty on the IWE.

You are on mid-perch and they said that was a 4" lift or do you have a 4" lift and mid-perch?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

If both IWSs are bad, most likely the valve is bad, make sure they test it.

$400 for an iwe is way to much. Should be closer to $250.... it is a servicable part of the truck. Guys have changed them on the trail in 30 minutes.
They are calling mid perch a 4" lift.

That is complete BS. Speak to the service manager, or find a new dealer. Where are you located? Check out @The Macf ' s good dealer thread. Hopefully there is a good one close to you.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )