4x4 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recasares

Reaction score
I have been stumped on issues with my 4x4 system. When engaged there is a loud pop from the driver side front while driving. Only some times i get the "check 4x4" wrench light. I seem to get the pop more when it is turning. I replaced the iwe actuator as well as the cv shaft. I KNOW the tie rod is bad because it has a fair amount of play in it. But would that be causing the issue? Vaccumm is working fine in the system.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been stumped on issues with my 4x4 system. When engaged there is a loud pop from the driver side front while driving. Only some times i get the "check 4x4" wrench light. I seem to get the pop more when it is turning. I replaced the iwe actuator as well as the cv shaft. I KNOW the tie rod is bad because it has a fair amount of play in it. But would that be causing the issue? Vaccumm is working fine in the system.

Welcome to the forum, recasares. Since you're having trouble tracking down these issues, it might be time to get your truck in front of the local Ford Dealership. What's your Raptor's model year and mileage?

Crystal

OP
OP
R

recasares

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, recasares. Since you're having trouble tracking down these issues, it might be time to get your truck in front of the local Ford Dealership. What's your Raptor's model year and mileage?

Crystal

2011 with 90k miles.