4th time back for trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep this short; looking for thoughts on how Ford should handle this. I posted a few times in this thread regarding the issue: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/p0770-transmission-shift-solenoid-wrench-cel-tsb-recall-49350/#post1157210

57XXX miles and I started throwing a P0770 and P0773 code. Trans locked in 3rd and the wrench CEL came on. Dealer replaced the lead frame, shift solenoid and flushed the trans.

60XXX issue came back. Dealership Replaced the solenoid and flushed the trans

60300 issue came back but they couldn't find what the problem was. Tested all circuits and didn't find a problem. Flushed trans only, no replaced parts. Told me Big Ford won't look at my truck till it happens a 4th time.

61xxx issue came back tonight on a quick run to the store.

what are we looking at here from Big Ford at this point? Do I push the dealership to replace the entire transmission or do I push for a buy back on my truck (if that is even possible)

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck man mine did the 3rd gear sticking thing and I ended up dumping 10k on the transmission and transfer case. Transmission because there is obviously a defect in their assembly line and transfer case because my dealer destroyed it and made me pay for it

Absolutely pissed me off I hope Ford covers yours and I'd like them to pay me back for the hassle I've gone through.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Mine has been in the shop for 11 months total on 4 different occasions absolutely unacceptable.

OP
OP
MTGOAT

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't taken it into the shop just yet. Got off the phone with Ford's Complaint center and they talked about buyback immediately when I told him it was the fourth time for the same issue. Then I told him I am at 61k miles and he said "oh, nothing we can do..." apparently they have a hard line at 60k miles, no exceptions. Even asked since it started prior to the warranty expiring and he said still nothing they can do...

got myself a broken truck apparently that can't be fixed...

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't taken it into the shop just yet. Got off the phone with Ford's Complaint center and they talked about buyback immediately when I told him it was the fourth time for the same issue. Then I told him I am at 61k miles and he said "oh, nothing we can do..." apparently they have a hard line at 60k miles, no exceptions. Even asked since it started prior to the warranty expiring and he said still nothing they can do...

got myself a broken truck apparently that can't be fixed...
They bought back my F250 at 71k miles back a few years ago. I accidentally created a huge disturbance on their forum when I posted on the death wobble and they bought it back.

OP
OP
MTGOAT

MTGOAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fix this time around is a new transmission wiring harness. Picking it up today to see how long this lasts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thats crazyyy. i wonder why they like flushing these things so bad. the trans dont sound like the actual issue though? just wiring or shift solenoids?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^My guess is that the dealership is getting reimbursed by Ford, Inc. for any work they do. Any work they do = reimbursement. I've seen it before.