3rd brake light / dome light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum thing.
Hope I'm doing this right.
I'm a new owner of a ford svt raptor 2011
I need some help with an issue I'm having.
My third brake light will not illuminate and my dome light will not illuminate when the doors open.
The 3rd break light is not working at all and the dome light will only work if I physically turn it on. Help please! Thanks!

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First thing welcome and you may want to post in the new member section to introduce yourself. It helps with getting a few more responses and help. Second it there any moisture in your third brake light? It a fairly common problem with our trucks and it winds up causing other issues with faults on the info screen and possibly your dome light problem.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! And I did pull the 3rd break light assembly off and there didn't seem to be any moisture.

OP
OP
Reaction score
3rd break light/ dome light issue

Third break light wont work but cargo light does.
Dome light wont illuminate when I open any door but will work if I physically turn it to the on position.
Help please.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same spot for both of those problems. Dealership said the third brake isn't covered under extended warranty.. Never brought up the dome light.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a fuse. Check your owners manual if you have it and see which one is associated with the third break light.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine a month or so ago. Same problem. It looked moisture free. Then I looked a lot closer at the bottom where the three led's are and the entire length of the board was green and corroded

12svtmarrs

Reaction score
The dome light switch has three places for the switch. One is off, ones is on when the door opens, and the other is on all the time im sure you know that already but incase you didn't you might check.

D

Deleted member 12951

3rd brake light is very common item to fail. Just do a search and there is quite a few threads about it. They cost just a little over $100 so its no big deal and very easy to replace. My extended warranty has a $200 deductible so it wouldn't be covered anyways. Personally, like any spare part, I just have an extra one sitting in a box as I know one day it will fail again. I had one fail at less than 12k miles and did have it replaced under warranty.

ef016f80a4c9cf5e8cb172ba18a1ea54.jpg