2H 4H 4L Question SVT Raptor 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac56

Reaction score
Hello -
I have a 2013 Raptor that has 2H 4H and 4L on the selector. There is no option for 4H auto on the selector. Will I be able to drive safely at highway speeds in 4H or must I have 4H auto to do so? If this question has already been answered please direct me to where I can find it. Thanks

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can safely drive at highway speeds in 4H, but just be sure there is some slippage for the tires (gravel or slick road conditions) or else it's a bit hard on the drivetrain. I'll run mine in 4H up here, when the roads have a bit less snow than they probably should have, but it's usually during super cold temps and the tires don't have much grip anyhow.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run 4H in icy/snow conditions or off roading when needed in manual or auto shift with no problems. The locker is a different decision.

OP
OP
M

Mac56

Reaction score
Yep, figured using the locker for mud but not snow. I just got the truck about a week ago. Someone sold it back to the dealer so I got a great deal. Flawless condition.