2018 Raptor climate control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EOmfD

Reaction score
Two days ago I turned on my climate control (manual), but my fan will start intermittently going on/off at any speed above 3. When I turn the climate control off then on again it works fine until I turn up the fan and it does it again.

When I use the automatic feature to turn the climate control on, my 2H flashes in drivers display along with the light on the transmission knob. It continually flashes on/off at 1 second intervals with an audible click. Additionally, it won’t go into 4H when I use the automatic feature.

With the climate control totally off, the truck functions great.

Any suggestions before I go see the dealership??

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

It was extremely humid and damp the day it started. It also took me all night to get a full charge on the battery.

OP
OP
E

EOmfD

Reaction score
My auto start/stop hasn’t worked for weeks. I’ve read it won’t function if the battery is below 80% charged. Not to say I use it, but if it comes with the price tag, I want it to work as designed. I have a small charger, but it took six hours to show 80%.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bad batteries can do a lot of f'ed up things to today's vehicles. I would definitely start with the battery, especially since you had to charge it. It ain't right.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First off, thank God all the first model year bugs have been worked out :challenge:

2nd, I’m not so sure the battery is responsible for the climate control symptom and the inability to shift into 4x with 2h flashing on the dash.

I don’t know the threshold for auto stop/start, but I’ve washed the truck with my stereo playing, to the tune of probably somewhere north of 100 minutes. Next drive, auto stop start didn’t function due to charge for probably ... 10 miles / 15 minutes. Then back to normal.

I’ve never seen anything like you described and I’ve washed off a lot of mud :)

Once the truck is started, where is it getting electrical power from?
If the battery is discharged, how does the truck manage to start?

Somehow, the truck with the low battery charge is managing to turn over the high compression, twin turbo 6 and spark ignition, so a dead or discharged battery seems less likely to me. Loose ground or connection somewhere in the electrical charge circuit? maybe, but I suspect something else entirely.

I suspect something vague, that although I’m qualified to expound upon, thanks to my Wile E. Coyote school for Automotive Engineering Degree, I won’t ruin the surprise the Stealership has in store for you.

I say take it in to service.