2014 Whines bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMAC

Reaction score
HI,

New to the forum, originally posted in maintenance but realised this is where the post should be.

2014 Raptor 35k KM

I have what i think is a power steering issue.

I am in Bangkok Thailand and have the only Raptor over here so dealerships are not an option.

The truck started by making a whine under hard acceleration out of corners on the road, this then went to a whine when revving parked in neutral, the whine would get louder with higher revs and sync with the turning of the steering left to right getting louder and louder.

After reading other posts on the forum i have done the following.

Changed Idlers and fan belt
Changed power steering pump

After just changing the pump the issue is still exactly the same and i noticed the fluid went from a very clean red to a dirty cloudy red, which it was when i pulled the pump out.

As you can imagine parts for a Raptor don't exist in Thailand so i have to keep ordering from the USA and it all takes time and really frustrating when the issue is still there.

Does anyone have any idea where i should be looking next.

Thanks
Gavin

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just tell everybody is has a supercharger, jk. Power steering system is weak on these trucks, eventually you'll end up replacing the pump and the rack, you may consider upgrading and be done with it.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe your issues is the steering rack itself causing the pump to work harder. This would explain the "Cloudy red", which I would assume is cavitation in the system.

OP
OP
G

GMAC

Reaction score
I believe your issues is the steering rack itself causing the pump to work harder. This would explain the "Cloudy red", which I would assume is cavitation in the system.
Thanks for the Reply.
That makes sense the steering is now starting to become harder at the last quarter turn to the left also.
Runs nice and quite until you rev the engine and then starts screaming when you rev engine and work the steering.

OP
OP
G

GMAC

Reaction score
Does that noise scare the goats? lol
Think your geography is rather off, or your love of goats has you in some vivid fantasy. More chance of scaring an Elephant.
Very strange comment, most people use ther Raptors to go off-road to hit the trails.
Sounds like you use yours to go find a Goat or maybe a Sheep.
Bet you have plenty LED bars on your truck and a spotlight.
Each to there own.
Good Luck.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try some oil by Lucas, power steering conditioner until you install your new rack, there may be a better short term band-aid than this, frf?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think your geography is rather off, or your love of goats has you in some vivid fantasy. More chance of scaring an Elephant.
Very strange comment, most people use ther Raptors to go off-road to hit the trails.
Sounds like you use yours to go find a Goat or maybe a Sheep.
Bet you have plenty LED bars on your truck and a spotlight.
Each to there own.
Good Luck.
Lighten up….you are on FRF.