2014 Raptor NAV Screen Freezes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search on here...and not much info and nothing for a fix that I saw...if I missed it please just link me.

Bottom line is that about 6 months ago my NAV started to freeze from time to time...as in I would start the truck for the first time that day, go to use the NAV and it would think I was home the whole time. The little triangle moves when the vehicle turns, but it does not advance down the road...Also, if I shut the vehichle off, open the door to wipe out the radio, and then restart it will say I am AT where I am AT, but the screen will NOT advance and I am stuck being told I am NOT moving along....

I NEED my NAV as I use the truck for work all the time.

A local dealer KNEW of this issue, and did a software update, but nothing.

I have the updated SD Card in my truck...should I switch back to the older one? Any ideas/fixes, etc...as always will be greatly appreciated.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just an idea to see if it helps - when you get home, remove the battery cables for about 30 minutes and then hook them back up. Take a drive and see if that helps. I know the dealer did an update, but this might help. It's called a hard reset and has helped others out in the past.

My $.02.....

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea to see if it helps - when you get home, remove the battery cables for about 30 minutes and then hook them back up. Take a drive and see if that helps. I know the dealer did an update, but this might help. It's called a hard reset and has helped others out in the past.

My $.02.....

Good luck!!!

Thanks man.

I have already tried this, and it's actually getting worse. yesterday it started off working, and when I drove less than 5 minutes away it was completely frozen again...again, not the actual screen (as in I can still use it), but the arrow for my actual position simply does not move and the Map stays in one position.

The dealer said there was a TSB on this and that they reflashed something or other...so I am surprised no one else has this issue...

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man.

I have already tried this, and it's actually getting worse. yesterday it started off working, and when I drove less than 5 minutes away it was completely frozen again...again, not the actual screen (as in I can still use it), but the arrow for my actual position simply does not move and the Map stays in one position.

The dealer said there was a TSB on this and that they reflashed something or other...so I am surprised no one else has this issue...

If the truck is still under warranty (apologize if you covered this already) then I would have them replace it. Especially if they have already tried to fix it several times with no luck. It sucks when something like this happens, especially when you depend on it.....

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

Hi bosssho,

Please try a master reset: How to perform a master reset | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site

If that doesn't work, please visit your dealer for further diagnostics.

Keep me posted.

Shaay

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Master Reset worked for me. Then it slowly starts to get worse. I have to do the master reset about every 6-8 months.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Master Reset worked for me. Then it slowly starts to get worse. I have to do the master reset about every 6-8 months.

Ok, I have NOT done this procedure...but if I do this will I lose all my radio presets, drivers seat 1 & 2 Presets, etc?

If so...that's a major PITA for something that's obviously wrong with the truck.

Did you go through the dealer for a fix b/f trying this?

What's so frustrating is for 45000 miles and 2.5 years there were zero issues with this...

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Hi bosssho,

Please try a master reset: How to perform a master reset | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site

If that doesn't work, please visit your dealer for further diagnostics.

Keep me posted.

Shaay

Shaay, what exactly gets affected by me doing this? Doesn't FORD have an actual TSB and FIX for this? I know my truck is not the only one...

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have NOT done this procedure...but if I do this will I lose all my radio presets, drivers seat 1 & 2 Presets, etc?

If so...that's a major PITA for something that's obviously wrong with the truck.

What's so frustrating is for 45000 miles and 2.5 years there were zero issues with this...

Yes I do lose all my radio presets and info but I don't lose the seat presets. I want to take it the dealership to get the latest upgraded SW and get this fixed but haven't had the time.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Shaay, what exactly gets affected by me doing this? Doesn't FORD have an actual TSB and FIX for this? I know my truck is not the only one...

A master reset allows you to completely erase all information stored in SYNC (phone book, call history and text message information as well as all previously paired phones) and return to the factory default settings. I would need your VIN to check if there is a TSB for the vehicle. Sometimes, issues only affect certain vehicles depending on build date, system type, etc.

Shaay

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if someone has to do this every 6 months, regardless of a TSB, that it is obviously not working as intended and should be replaced by Ford. I mean, what could a person do to a head unit that would screw it up like this? Nothing. It is obviously defective and should be replaced by the manufacturer regardless of age.....

Just my $.02.....