2014 Ford Raptor Windshield Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So my windshield cracked and apparently Ford no longer makes the windshield that came with the 2014 raptor. The windshield I would have to get comes with a molding(see pic below) that goes along the roofline which isn't on my current cracked windshield Does anyone know how to get the oem windshield(with ford logo) without the molding on the top?..I have already called ford, safelite, and Carlex. Carlex makes the windshields for all Fords and said this windshield was ONLY on 2013 and 2014 and they no longer make it and we could exacto knife the rubber molding, we are trying to avoid that. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Brian
[email protected]

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Was not aware of that. Is there pictures of what the so-called replacement looks like with the molding on the top?

Edit: see the pic now but hard to tell. I would be leery of shop that looks like a trash bin. If they don't care about their place what makes you they will care about your truck when they install it?

Last edited by a moderator:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my windshield cracked and apparently Ford no longer makes the windshield that came with the 2014 raptor. The windshield I would have to get comes with a molding(see pic below) that goes along the roofline which isn't on my current cracked windshield Does anyone know how to get the oem windshield(with ford logo) without the molding on the top?..I have already called ford, safelite, and Carlex. Carlex makes the windshields for all Fords and said this windshield was ONLY on 2013 and 2014 and they no longer make it and we could exacto knife the rubber molding, we are trying to avoid that. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Brian
[email protected]

Safelite replaced my 2013 with the exact same OEM one last year. Make sure you ask for the OEM. It was like $550 vs the aftermarket $400.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so total for everything installed tax ect was $498.37

Part # on receipt shows DW01981 GTYOEM cost $368.95

I was super adamant about the OEM and they found it. Let me know what they say as I already have a few rock chips and was thinking I may have to replace in a year or so. Good luck!

P.S. I had to go to the local Safelite office to get this info their 800 number didn't know shit except how to schedule an appt.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Safelight (800) is pretty worthless. Don't even ask for the local shop's # because they won't give it to you. You just have to show and hope someone will talk to you.

I'm on my 3rd windshield, and I got sick of the OEM replacement cost. Got a nice little local glass shop here in my town that found a windshield without all the fancy logos or dimples for less than $300 installed. I like it a lot better. Looks cleaner. And it's saving me money - so, win....win!!!

atikovi

Reaction score
Got a nice little local glass shop here in my town that found a windshield without all the fancy logos or dimples for less than $300 installed. I like it a lot better. Looks cleaner. And it's saving me money - so, win....win!!!

Found this thread on a search for a windshield for a 13 F150. I have an account at a glass warehouse and they list a Pilkington DW01747 windshield for $73. Not sure it fits a Raptor and it doesn't have a rain sensor or acoustic glass but if they are charging you $300 installed, you could probably get it done cheaper.