2013 Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlrsdog

Reaction score
I have a 2013 SCAB with 24,000 miles. The transmission felt like it was shifting to neutral while under load in 1st gear. Took it to the dealer, said transmission needs to be rebuilt. So, they ordered the parts and just shy of 3 weeks later, they are telling me they are missing some parts that won't be in for another 4 weeks.

They won't replace the transmission, they were told they have to rebuild it. Anyone out there that can help?

Can't really seem to find anyone who gives a crap! Luck for me, I got a loaner car - a base model Ford Focus. Oh yea.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete ********. I just got my 4wd work van back with a rebuilt trans that I dropped off Tuesday. That's inexcusable waiting this long.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2013 e250 had a new or rebuilt transmissionp put in it from Ford, never heard of a tech at site rebuilding it unless they are billing extra hours, more money for the dealership, sounds like bad customer service to me.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You better hope they have a good tranny guy that knows his shit? I would demand a new one .

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like my month+ long torque converter issue last summer. I picked it up 3 different times when they said it was ready, then would have to take it right back...Waiting for parts, ordered wrong parts, lots of runaround...
Good luck and I hope they get it resolved soon!!

OP
OP
X

xlrsdog

Reaction score
Update...

Contacted @FordService (thanks CoronaRaptor!). The regional service manager is now involved. We'll see if that makes any difference. Get to take my super Focus off-road 4x4 to a construction site Monday. That will be embarrassing.