Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum

2013 Roush Raptor will crank but not start

This is a discussion on 2013 Roush Raptor will crank but not start within the Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
i have to ask the stupid question here..... there is gas in the gas tank right?...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

aka nosbusa

Mentioned: 383 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

i have to ask the stupid question here..... there is gas in the gas tank right?
CoronaRaptor and Mariner like this.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Tank is half full, the dealer was able to obtain a code to flash this new pcm with the Roush tune however the truck has to be able to start to do that, or so they tell me... They can't get it to start and are having the same issues as before. I'm about to need a loaner car because that's my daily driver and I have to make a trip to Atlanta to fly out this week so I'm a bit frustrated/worried about it.

I'll message crystal but the dealer has been pretty good about communicating with me and getting things done in a timely manner... But now that they are back to not knowing the issue who knows... Going on day 7 without my truck.
audell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

While there are post about fuse 27 and there are some that stated while the fuse was good the wiring underneath panel in the fuse box were burnt/melted off.
Have them check that as well.
When you just turn the ignition switch to the on position the PCM runs over 50 checks before it even allows the starter to crank.
So there is info/values of sensors for them check and report back to the Ford engineers.

Well, I hope they can figure it out and probably will once they start a escalated case number with Ford engineers.
And I totally understand about giving the dealer a chance, I do it as well. Especially when your limited to dealers you can go to.
Having said that I even switched dealers because the Tech I trust and know he knows his stuff moves on to another dealer.
I have followed him to two different dealers already, LOL

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 09-07-2015 at 12:30 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Was thinking that as well, I told them to check #27 in case they saw something that I didn't while I was checking it out. Apparently the service tech has been attempting to contact roush this morning because the wiring is causing issues for fuel pump? Can't remember exactly what he said. It would make sense if the fuse box had some melted wires on the bottom causing the issues.

I'm thinking it's got to be something simple that's been overlooked because the truck ran fine not even 5 hours before that when I was returning from the Atlanta Airport.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Yup, the posts I'm talking about said you can see water got inside the fuse box and just corroded everything.
And yes it could as simple as the fuel rail pressure sensor is stuck/sending wrong signals. Who knows.

If I find it I'll let you know.

I understand he's calling Roush but in all honesty they should be calling the Ford Service Tech hotline they have experience with this issue not Roush.
This is not a Roush issue since plenty of stock F150s have gone through the same issue.
Also this is not Drivetrain related it's electrical this should fall under your Ford warranty, you may what to point that out to the service manager.

Good Luck!

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,

Last edited by MTF; 09-07-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
He didn't specifically mention Roush this morning so I could be mistaken about who he was calling, they said they were waiting for a phone call to be returned about it. I'll double check on the process here again soon. I did get a decent look at the inside of the fuse box, however I couldn't see any corrosion or anything that looked out of the ordinary.

And so far it has fallen under my ford warranty, only thing they were unsure about covering was the roush tune for the new PCM when it came in
Old 09-07-2015, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Ok, cool.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Ford Professional

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MTF View Post
...Note: Seek out Crystal http://www.fordraptorforum.com/members/fordservice/ and let get you started with the Regional Service Manager.
Trust me once they get a call from them, people at the dealer will start asking questions.
Thanks for recommending me, MTF! I appreciate it. :)

Originally Posted by audell View Post
...I'll message crystal but the dealer has been pretty good about communicating with me and getting things done in a timely manner... But now that they are back to not knowing the issue who knows... Going on day 7 without my truck.
I got your PM this morning, audell; I'll start working on getting this turned around for you.

Crystal
MTF likes this.

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

audell, when you get a chance speak to the service manager and explain that your on a highly active Ford Raptor Forum with over 20,000 members.
And Ford Motor Co. monitors this forum.
So it's not that you filed a complaint, it's just that Ford Costumer Services keeps on top of any issues that arise with Raptors.
You get what I'm trying to tell you, right! You know some will take it the wrong way.
Especially since you like this dealership.

Last edited by MTF; 09-08-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
MTF, I understand what you mean, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do that!
MTF likes this.