2013 Roof Rot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trail_Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Supercab with 28,000 miles which is now just 2 weeks out of warranty. It was a sunny day the other day and I had the sunroof open, I was walking in the house and notice some rust in the sunroof opening. When I got close, I noticed the rusting and paint bubbling at the seam inside the sunroof opening.

I can't believe this would happen after only 3 years? Now I've got to plead my case to dealer, anyone else ever see this before? And I think it should be covered under warranty given it's only 3 years old. The photos are below:

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

Any thoughts? I can't believe this happened, I had my last F-150 for 9 years and it did show any signs of rust until the 8th year.

I can't imagine Ford not making this right...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever notice any water pooling in that area? Thats the only thing i could imagine that would cause that is a leaky sun roof, where water could sit.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you have a good case for warranty. If I was a Ford dealer I would warranty that. My Raptor is 6 years old and I don't have any bubbles anywhere let alone on the sunroof area

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011 with no Rust in that area, just mud. Haha
I cleaned the opening and will spray silicon in there and grease the tracks next weekend.
I do have rust on the surface closer to the wind shield:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 132

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same rust as you @TheJoker. I'm a little ocd and couldn't not see the spot every time I looked at the truck, so I paid to have it fixed. Of course they had to do the whole roof

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same rust as you @TheJoker. I'm a little ocd and couldn't not see the spot every time I looked at the truck, so I paid to have it fixed. Of course they had to do the whole roof

I know that it will need to be fix sooner, rather than later. I will keep my eye on it for now. There's a couple of smaller spots up there too. I may just have that section painted matte/satin black. Not sure if that would cost less than color matching it.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Supercab with 28,000 miles which is now just 2 weeks out of warranty. It was a sunny day the other day and I had the sunroof open, I was walking in the house and notice some rust in the sunroof opening. When I got close, I noticed the rusting and paint bubbling at the seam inside the sunroof opening.

I can't believe this would happen after only 3 years? Now I've got to plead my case to dealer, anyone else ever see this before? And I think it should be covered under warranty given it's only 3 years old. The photos are below:

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

Any thoughts? I can't believe this happened, I had my last F-150 for 9 years and it did show any signs of rust until the 8th year.

I can't imagine Ford not making this right...
Very odd that a place that is protected from the elements is rusting the way it is.
May be an underlying issue.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com