2013 Raptor .. hill descent and advanctrac fault also wrench light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never relocated, as it came from factory

Well, it will be interesting to follow and see if any other members have the harness riding high near that exposed bolt. Likely it will be something I will look for every time we are troubleshooting on the trail.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's really funny is that is the harness that we found lying on my headers in NC and caused these same issues that the dealer couldn't figure out. Makes me wonder if they did something else to bypass something as they never mentioned conducting repairs on that harness. I wonder if we had the same problem, just caused by different issues.

jcolombotos

Reaction score
Im having the same issues dealer wants to install fuses in all the sub circuits that are powered by fuse 76.
If issue is with the harness was yours taken apart to locate exactly where the damage circuit maybe located. Also regarding engine bay harnesses there are two ...
first one is a smaller $320.00 harness that connect injectors , cam actuators, ect.
Second is the larger $1,200.00 harness which includes fuse box ect. Im making the assumption that the smaller harness is of issue.

4x4juunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but it has literally saved me $1000's of dollars! I love this forum! had all the same codes, limp mode and check engine light, all over the third brake light.

SuperRap

Reaction score
Great Post, I am having the same problem with my 2013 Roush Raptor. I just posted my problems on a post. I will used what I have learned from this post and go trouble shoot shortly. I will reply back with my findings.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to also check the fuse box in the engine bay. Pull suspected fuses and look for signs of arcing. Several folks have had issue with the fuse that supplies power to the Fuel pump relay. That one gave me and the dealer fits before we finally found the problem.

SuperRap

Reaction score
After inspecting I found the fuse 76 blown. So I installed a new fuse and was good for about two days. It blow again and now will blow at start up. So I guess my next step is to look under for any shorted wirilng.

Killjoy

Reaction score
Had this issue yesterday after a week of no driving, then cold weather coming in and about 5 minutes on the freeway. Once limp mode started, nothing got it out of this mode. After a good 2 hours of searching issues I found that wire bundle on drivers side behind wheel well lining had been loose and rubbing on exhaust manifold. There were 2 wires exposed and kept blowing fuse 76. I separated the wires, replaced fuse and it started with no issues.

Time to clean up the wires and mount the bundle in safe place. This thread helped me out a bunch in identifying and ultimately fixing. I had much work done on the truck over the years and at some point it looks like the wire bundle was never attached back properly.