2013 Raptor .. hill descent and advanctrac fault also wrench light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT stang

Reaction score
Hello
so before anyone say use the search button .. I already did that with no luck

my 19,000 miles 2013 raptor has the following mods

1. Volant cai
2. roush exhaust with arh longtubes and offroad y pipe
3. 170 thermostat .. because its very hot in here (Qatar) now it is 100* at night
4. Volant throttle body spacer
5. 5 star tune
6. nav tv kit

this problem started while I have the cruise control on at the highway around 70mph and then I hit a small bump in the road very small one my right rear wheel hit that bump and after that I saw warning in my dash

1. hill descent control fault
2. service advanctrac
3. wrench light is on

the truck was acting strange after that .. throttle response was so bad also the drivability was bad

here is a list I have checked before posting this thread
1. I have checked the rear wheel speed sensors and didn't find anything to worry about .. they looked clean and intact .. also I did my best to follow the wires to see if there is anything but nothing found

2. I checked front wheel speed sensors .. also the looked fine

3. my 3rd brake light is working fine and there is no water or moisture signs .. but I tried to remove it anyway to check the connections but it looked like it is sealed with some type of gasket I have to cut it off to remove the housing .. so I left it alone because I think there is no way water can get inside .. should I remove it though ?

4. I had the hill descent fault before .. and I did find my Volant intake pipe was off after the maf ..... so I went to see if that happened again but no it was good .. I removed the maf sensor and sprayed wd40 and installed it again .. also I cleaned the air filter .. but still the fault is there

5. I have checked the maf sensor wiring and it seems that the little plastic piece behind the maf sensor is loose the one that is hiding the wires .. not the plug itself .. just the little plastic piece behind it .. is that normal ?

6. disconnected the battery

7. replaced the hill descent control fuse in the passenger compartment

8. I put the stock tune back .. the problem is still there .. so I put the tune back again

9. pulled fuse # 36 and # 47 which control the abs and roll and stability control .. more lights came up .. ( brake light , abs light )

anyone had this before ?? please post how did you fix that damn problem

sorry for the long thread .. I just want to put every thing I tried maybe another owner will find this thread helpful

OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
update :

today I replaced the steering wheel angle sensor

and the problem is still there

also i have noticed something strange
that when the wrench light comes on .. it will throw 6 dtc codes at the same time but check engine light never comes on
p0013 , p0023 , p0103 , p0135 , p0155 , p0443

tried swapping with my friend 2012 5.0 mustang maf sensor which have the same part number .. still no luck :mad:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is exactly what my truck was doing on the last visit to the dealer. I'm not sure on the codes but the problem is the same. So far they've replaced the rcm, PCM, interior wiring harness, VCT solenoids, abs module, and MAF sensor.

OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
This is exactly what my truck was doing on the last visit to the dealer. I'm not sure on the codes but the problem is the same. So far they've replaced the rcm, PCM, interior wiring harness, VCT solenoids, abs module, and MAF sensor.

Did they fix it yet ? I dont think they are looking at the right place .. They are just looking after the codes .. Replacing vct solenoids for codes p0013 , p0023 and the maf sensor for p0103
What i think that these trouble codes will get triggered only after the wrench light which have diffrent mapping for the maf and the camshaft timing , etc .. To keep the truck running safe ..

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No and that's what upsets me. They've been throwing parts at all these problems when it is highly unlikely that they're bad.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=35284

Towards the bottom is when this issue came up and they're still trying to work on it. You'll see where I found the wiring harness lying on the header and that was my assumption on the cause.

OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
GT Stang - you've tried everything I would have recommended.

Have you tried the dealer?

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

NO .. this will be my last option .. I had very bad experience with them .. with my 2012 mustang , and I know the first thing they will look for is the trouble codes .. and will let me replace the maf sensor , both oxygen sensors , evap valve , VCT solenoid ..

then they will have to replace the pcm ,, then they will have to return the truck to stock , etc

I will try to look in the brake system next .. maybe I will find something that causing a short circuit

OP
OP
G

GT stang

Reaction score
update ..

I found that my both rear wheel sensors had metal shaving stuck on them maybe coming form the brakes .. i cleaned them reinstalled them .. and still with no luck

I tried to run the truck with no maf sensor .. and the truck was running the same .. same faults came up .. so I had to trace the maf sensor wires and found nothing .. all wires are taped no cut what so ever .. all ground wires was tight ..

i will do more inspection before i take the car to the dealer for the 35,000 km service

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the wiring harness on the top of the drivers side front fender liner and where it follows the frame rail on the same side.