2013 Raptor Hill Decent Control Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babanist

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was off-roading the other day and i got stuck in sand. The guys i was with helped pull me out. Once i was out the steering was off center and had excessive play (not sure why!!) and i also had hill decent control fault and service advance trac on the dash. Turning left or right was not smooth at all after that, it was like the car was automatically counter steering to the opposite direction i was going.. If i turn right the car would go right, left, right, left..etc

It has been with the dealer for a couple of days and i don't think they know what is the real cause. They are saying its trial and error at this point but they suspect a bad steering angle sensor.

My car is a 2013 model that i had a bit over a month now and 4,000 KMs.

Has anyone had these issues before? Any idea what it could be?

OP
OP
babanist

babanist

Reaction score
I know this happened on older models for different reasons but should it even happen on a brand new car?? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something similar happen except without the steering issue. Just when you made a hard turn or went up a small incline the warning would come on.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/2011-raptor-hill-decent-control-service-advance-trac-22728/

Had this problem too on 2013 with 4400 miles ('"hill decent control fault and service advance trac") . Took it to the dealer today & they said that it was a sensor in the steering wheel. Part is on National backorder. They are going to call me when it comes in.

OP
OP
babanist

babanist

Reaction score
The agency just called me and said its a faulty steering rack which they will replace under warranty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ABS/Speed sensors on the front wheels as well....

Mr Jurassic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine came on and disappeared it hasn't came back and I tookit to the dealership they didn't find squat

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After two weeks in the shop, the dealer finally got a replacement starter in mine and fired it up. I was getting all of the error messages as well. Apparently my mass airflow sensor came completely out of my Airaid intake. Which sadly was the one of the only things I didn't check out while troubleshooting in the middle of the desert.