2013 MFT really slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've been having real problems with MFT. Not looking to vent, just want to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

1. navigation slow...ill start out at home and it will take a few miles or more sometimes for the navi to update my location...it just freezes at my start location.
2. Bluetooth Audio sketchy...sometimes it works great and sometimes not at all (using iPhone 5)
3. Audio (radio) slow....sometimes freezes up and I can't change stations
4. Phone calls...ill end a call on my phone and it won't end on the MFT even when I press end on the MFT the call won't end on the MFT (call is ended on the phone) but I won't be able to use the radio because it thinks I'm on the phone still.
5. Random slowness and lag then system goes into "scheduled maintenance" I know this normal but sometimes it will go in and out 3-4 times.
6. General lag....ill press buttons and nothing will happen...then after a min or more it will catch up and "remember" all my button presses and go through them.
7. Press Bluetooth audio and nothing happens...2 min later it switches but audio still stays in phone.
8. Pressed My Home on the navi...the computing route bar came up and basically froze...couple minutes later it computed...

Like I said I'm not looking to rag on the MFT system...just want to know if anyone is having the same problem and possible fixes...I did the update in Feb, haven't checked if there is a new one. I'm also hesitant to take it to a dealer...we all know how that will go.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm starting to have very similar issues. My biggest problem was Bluetooth streaming so I said screw it and just plug my phone in every time. No issues now.

OP
OP
mouldman1

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I've been having real problems with MFT. Not looking to vent, just want to see if anyone else is having the same issues.

1. navigation slow...ill start out at home and it will take a few miles or more sometimes for the navi to update my location...it just freezes at my start location.
2. Bluetooth Audio sketchy...sometimes it works great and sometimes not at all (using iPhone 5)
3. Audio (radio) slow....sometimes freezes up and I can't change stations
4. Phone calls...ill end a call on my phone and it won't end on the MFT even when I press end on the MFT the call won't end on the MFT (call is ended on the phone) but I won't be able to use the radio because it thinks I'm on the phone still.
5. Random slowness and lag then system goes into "scheduled maintenance" I know this normal but sometimes it will go in and out 3-4 times.
6. General lag....ill press buttons and nothing will happen...then after a min or more it will catch up and "remember" all my button presses and go through them.
7. Press Bluetooth audio and nothing happens...2 min later it switches but audio still stays in phone.
8. Pressed My Home on the navi...the computing route bar came up and basically froze...couple minutes later it computed...

Like I said I'm not looking to rag on the MFT system...just want to know if anyone is having the same problem and possible fixes...I did the update in Feb, haven't checked if there is a new one. I'm also hesitant to take it to a dealer...we all know how that will go.

This is a HUGE update... probably should start a new thread...so all the problems I listed above have continued, to the point that I really tend to not want to use the system at all.

I discovered a solution! Turn off the bluetooth...once I did this it resolved all the problems. I'm using an iPhone 5 btw.

Mr.Big

Reaction score
I also have an iPhone 5 and have all of the same issues you mentioned, any more updates from this?

BTW Thanks for posting!

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really use the Nav, but I use the Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone 5 daily with no issues. I haven't had any of the other issues either. Mine is only two months old though.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have an iPhone 5 and have all of the same issues you mentioned, any more updates from this?

BTW Thanks for posting!

I use an iPhone 5 and have had zero issues since upgrading to MFT to latest version over the summer, but I was having many of the issue you guys are having before that. I found that this reboot app would get things working, again (until they would eventually gum up, again).

So 2 things:

1. Upgrade to latest MFT if you haven't already
2. Reboot via outofmytouch - delayed reboot app

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You paid over $50,000 for this truck. Everything should work perfectly. You have a warranty. Make Ford fix it.

Mr.Big

Reaction score
Update: Upgraded to the latest version of MFT yesterday a.m., update went smooth with no issues. Before reboot I turned off my bluetooth on my iPhone 5 just to take that out of the equation. All has worked per design since the update. My plan was to let it run for a day to ensure it was somewhat consistent for a 24 hour period and then turn the Bluetooth back on today on my iPhone 5 and see if it still runs "clean"... I'll report back on my findings. (fingers crossed)

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

I use an iPhone 5 and have had zero issues since upgrading to MFT to latest version over the summer, but I was having many of the issue you guys are having before that. I found that this reboot app would get things working, again (until they would eventually gum up, again).

So 2 things:

1. Upgrade to latest MFT if you haven't already
2. Reboot via outofmytouch - delayed reboot app

Thanks VERY much for sharing this D... I downloaded the reboot app just in case I need it for future issues...

wolfnnc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, are you running Nav TV?

I have 2011, and HAD NavTV installed, the wiring harness which NavTV uses was causing major lag in MFT, and it would even freeze the GPS at random times. After a few days w/ at the car audio shop which installed and working with NavTV...they just removed the harness, since NavTV couldnt tell them what was wrong.

Once they did that, not a single issue w/ MFT...

Mr.Big

Reaction score
out of curiosity, are you running Nav TV?

I have 2011, and HAD NavTV installed, the wiring harness which NavTV uses was causing major lag in MFT, and it would even freeze the GPS at random times. After a few days w/ at the car audio shop which installed and working with NavTV...they just removed the harness, since NavTV couldnt tell them what was wrong.

Once they did that, not a single issue w/ MFT...

No NAV TV here, but thanks for watching out

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Quick Update:

After a Day of everything running as it should, I turned on the blue tooth on my iPhone 5, and have also run the system with it connected via USB cable as well.

After 3 days there are no issues to report, all as running as it should with no delay and all of the little annoying hiccups are gone.

Thanks to all that posted in this thread, you advice was very helpful and is very appreciated!!!

Happy Holidays!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free