2013 heated drivers seat not heating up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caliraptor2lit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 heated drivers seat not heating up. Cool seat works fine. Passenger side works beutimous.. it there a filter to replace or maintenance that I should follow?

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There could be several issues with the seat. First and foremost, its definitely blowing air when cool is selected right? Is the air coming out actually cold or does it blow ambient temp air? Second, when you turn on the heated seat, does the blower kick on, lights go on and it just doesn't blow warm? Or does it kick on, then turn off, with the lights staying on?

A good place to start would be the filter under the seat. If removing that helps, it could be an air flow problem (collapsed seat cushion) or time for a new filter. If not, there is a heating control module that sometimes goes out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caliraptor2lit

Caliraptor2lit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights on sync screen stay on. Just seems to take really long to heat up. Like 10 min. I do hear fan kicking on but it also seems to kick off and on. Maybe there's more than one speed? It does heat up. Just not as much as I'd like. Seat cushion is a little flattened for 42k mls. But not that bad... I vacuumed out the filter and it did seem to help a little

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue almost from day 1. The heated seats in our trucks SUCK! Takes 30 min. to feel any kind of heat. The lights on the button on the dash work but I dont hear any fan for the heat, only when the ventilated seats are on. Do I need to replace the heating pad in the seat or what?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no heating pad. It's a TED with a fan that blows cool or hot air.

WarEagle135

Reaction score
Were you able to figure out what the issue was? I'm pretty new to these trucks, but keep reading that the heating element is known to be be a common issue.