2013 Ford Raptor whining noise especially on deceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor 42,000 miles babied
Just got back from an 1800 mile Rocky Mountain road trip and noticed a pretty distinct whine on deceleration coming from highway speeds to stop. Definitely louder at 35mph.
Whine seems to be coming from rear of truck.

My guess are the carrier bearings are shot...
Taking to Ford in the morning.
Any one had any similar issues?

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 week at ford and very little info back.
Will update when I hear back!

They are going to replace the pinion gear.

Last edited:
OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updates!!!
Just got it back 16 days later. Raptor is good as new. Just like the YouTube videos I heard it was the carrier and pinion bearings. A few guys suggested it was these bearings as well.

Here's is the write up from the service advisor.

59193395-3AB6-4F73-80ED-4B6067C8026E.jpg

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just started the howling the other day. I hadn't seen this post but was guessing it was the rear, ring and pinion. After reading this I'm sure it's the same thing. 13 with 66K on it.

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the truck off on the 30th. The service manager is still waiting on Ford to authorize the repairs! A week to get authorizations from Ford is just nuts. The dealer is great, its big blue that I'm really not happy with.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sucks to have to wait just for authorization, hopefully parts are in stock so you don't have to wait on that too. Good luck!

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
03CobraRaptor,
I have spent too much time under my Raptor to have missed a carrier bearing. If you were billed for work on a carrier bearing, you were suckered. There is no carrier bearing. Or muffler bearing. Or windshield bearing. Or carpet oil.....

Eddie

Baron138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the authorization from ford for the repairs. That took a little over a week. Problem now is parts are all on B/O. Dealer has been great, but really pissed with Big Blue!! Going to be coming up on 3 weeks now for something that was originally going to be maybe a week. Can't even seem to get much information on what to expect on a time frame now. Keep catching it from the guys at work saying I should have stuck with the Bowtie.

Last edited: