2013 Driver's Side Mirror blurry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCrew 27,000 miles under factory warranty

Drivers side mirror blurry at 50-75 mph plus with low bass

Been doing this since new

Driver's Mirror motor bushings replaced by ford at 20,000 with no improvement

Stock Wheels/Tires balanced and rotated at Ford

Entire mirror assembly replaced at ford at 27,000

After new mirror assembly It's actually worse now where I can't see clearly out of mirror at low speeds

Any ideas as it drives my crazy and is a safety hazard

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deadening pad missing or loose inside the door? If its there you could add a second one. My guess is that the door panel itself is resonating and shaking the mirror

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That harmonic weight thingy under the bed on the drivers side that is loose or missing a lot of times, maybe?

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
deadening pad missing or loose inside the door? If its there you could add a second one. My guess is that the door panel itself is resonating and shaking the mirror

Not sure why it would be missing
Just seeing what else I can suggest to ford as it drives me crazy...
Amy info in this?

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why it would be missing
Just seeing what else I can suggest to ford as it drives me crazy...
Amy info in this?
Just speculating. Most vehicle doors (and other big panels) have a large rubberized asphalt pad attached to the inner surface to stop them resonating and drumming. If this was missing or has come detached it could cause this issue. Only reason it would be missing would be they left it off in the factory I would imagine.

Even if it is there it would not hurt to add another, it maybe it is not quite doing the job right on yours.

As I said before all speculation - just trying to think of things that might cause this issue.

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just speculating. Most vehicle doors (and other big panels) have a large rubberized asphalt pad attached to the inner surface to stop them resonating and drumming. If this was missing or has come detached it could cause this issue. Only reason it would be missing would be they left it off in the factory I would imagine.

Even if it is there it would not hurt to add another, it maybe it is not quite doing the job right on yours.

As I said before all speculation - just trying to think of things that might cause this issue.

Good deal
I'll mention it to Ford
It drives me crazy

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Methinks your eyes are telling you now what your ears will tell you in 20 years:

YOUR MUSIC IS TOO DAMN LOUD.

You ought to see the results of my auditory tests. My hearing is completely normal below 1,000 Hz. I can hear a whale fart. At exactly 1,000 Hz my hearing acuity drops off at a 45 degree angle. I can't hear a fly buzz. I need hearing aids. My ears ring constantly day and night. I am going deaf. You don't have to.

OP
OP

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Methinks your eyes are telling you now what your ears will tell you in 20 years:

YOUR MUSIC IS TOO DAMN LOUD.

You ought to see the results of my auditory tests. My hearing is completely normal below 1,000 Hz. I can hear a whale fart. At exactly 1,000 Hz my hearing acuity drops off at a 45 degree angle. I can't hear a fly buzz. I need hearing aids. My ears ring constantly day and night. I am going deaf. You don't have to.

Def not more than 10% related to music. Radio off it's blurry going 35-75mph
Sucks

JCat27

Reaction score
This has/is happening to me too, went through 2 new mirrors and it still does it. Im getting some wind noise too over 60mph on the driver side. Assuming its a door adjustment issues, working with ford right now, lots of trial and error on the shaky mirror and noise. Super frustrating...

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulling the inner door panel is easy, plenty of you tube videos. I'd pull the door panel and cut piece of wood just the right length to wedge between the outer door skin and the inner brace. Not for permanent, but to see if bracing the outer skin helps. You can also check to make sure the rubberized coating is on the inside of the outer door skin.