2012 Scab with rusty rockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my 2012 used from a local dealer in March of 2013. It had 14k miles on it. It's my daily driver and in central Texas there's no snow/salt to mess with.

Needless to say, I was shocked when I noticed this on my truck yesterday. I called my dealer and they asked me to go to their collision center to take pictures so they can submit them to Ford to get warranty approval.

Hard to believe a 4 year old truck in Texas is rusting like this:

Passenger side
2s6lni9.jpg

Driver side:
9v8v4i.jpg

@FordService

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not so hard to believe actually! Crawl under your truck and look at the other side of the rocker where the running boards bolt on, I bet the duct tape that used to cover up about 8 holes on each side has fallen off and your rockers have filled up with mud and water

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a finger sized rust spot on the inside bottom of my driver door. Dealer took photos and not even an hour later Ford had already approved the work to refinish it.

A local shop refinished the area and I can't even tell it had rusted. Get Ford to look at it and there's a good chance they will fix it.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took it to the Ford collision center yesterday and the adjuster said he thought Ford would warranty the passenger side, but probably not the driver side. He took pics and submitted the claim. I heard back around 4 PM that it would not be covered because there is no visible perforation.

Really? This doesn't show it? The truck was built in 01/2012 so it's barely even 4 years old. Not happy with FORD on this.

30idysy.jpg

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought my 2012 used from a local dealer in March of 2013. It had 14k miles on it. It's my daily driver and in central Texas there's no snow/salt to mess with.

Needless to say, I was shocked when I noticed this on my truck yesterday. I called my dealer and they asked me to go to their collision center to take pictures so they can submit them to Ford to get warranty approval...

Hi DrippinRaptor,

I got your PM this morning and sent back a reply. Let's see what I can do to help. :)

Crystal

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford just called and said they will warranty the passenger side, but not the driver side. I really wish I could get both done since my truck goes out of warranty next year and I don't know if it will be rusted enough by then to be covered.

Not to mention this is a 3 week repair. They have to remove both doors, the fender and the bed. Then a new door frame gets welded in after the old one is cut out.

I'd rather have this done just once versus dealing with this again later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20