GEN 1 2011 SCREW window switches stop working, then start working after power off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 SCREW window switches stop working, then start working after power off.

Sometimes my front window switches will stop working entirely. After cycling the ignition a few times and opening the door to allow the truck to turn itself off, it will start working again.

Wat?

:specialed:

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help but try rolling the window all the way down and holding the switch down for about three seconds, then roll it all the way up to the top and continue holding the switch up for 3 seconds. This method reset my window switch memory for my old Honda that was having the same issue. If that doesn't help, I am guessing switch assembly is bad if it happens with all windows from the driver control panel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it stops working it is completely dead. Sometimes just one side, sometimes both fronts. Rear windows still work. After cycling the power a few times it usually starts working normally as if nothing has happened. I don't think it's the switch. More like a LAN problem or a BCM problem.

My front speakers sometimes cut in and out as well, but only one side at a time.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it stops working it is completely dead. Sometimes just one side, sometimes both fronts. Rear windows still work. After cycling the power a few times it usually starts working normally as if nothing has happened. I don't think it's the switch. More like a LAN problem or a BCM problem.

My front speakers sometimes cut in and out as well, but only one side at a time.
Then maybe check your door jam wires to see if there is a possible short involving speaker and power window wires?

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
I opened the latch connector on each door to check connection and for corrosion. Everything looked fine.

Raptized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear windows always work? If so try taking the switch assembly apart and keeping it that way. When the other windows quit working but the back ones work, switch the connections if possible and see then if the front windows work and the rears don't. If so it must be the switch.