2010 svt raptor - hill decent control fault and dtc c116a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ssm 3423 - 2010 svt raptor - hill decent control fault and dtc c116a
some 2010 f-150 svt raptor vehicles may exhibit hill decent control fault with abs dtc c116a. On vehicles built before 2/26/2010 only, inspect the high mounted stop lamp for evidence of water intrusion. Refer to wsm section 417-01 for replacement details part number al3z-13200-a. Torque screws to 1.5 nm / 13 lb-in. No water intrusion follow wsm section 206-09, pin point test i. Note: It is normal for the brake pressure (brakpres) pid to occasionally spike high due to test pulse sent to the pressure sensor by the abs module. In addition, brake pressure signals as low as -225 psi without brake apply should also be considered normal.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey! That's MY Raptor! Seriously, they went to school on my Raptor as it's thrown Hill Descent Control Faults a couple of times. The last time it did the Ford Hotline told the dealership to check/change the CHMSL (Center High-Mounted Stop Light) due to water intrusion.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a HDC fault... think it had something to do with the mud... has not come back now that the truck is clean.